Graceland has totally sold out and destroyed their image

TennBear

I used to think that Elvis paintings on Black Velvet were the lowest of the low in bad taste. Elvis Presley Enterprises has now dropped below that level. They have gone to the most tastless of all humans to paint and hawk the official painting of Graceland, Thomas Kinkade. Set to be released in March of next year, the EPE will show that it has made Black Velvet Paintings the level to strive to. Everytime that I see a Thomas Kinkade Gallery, I can't help but get sick. :sick: I am all for the Three 6 Mafia reality show now. They are far more upscale than this. :rolleyes:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to think that Elvis paintings on Black Velvet were the lowest of the low in bad taste. Elvis Presley Enterprises has now dropped below that level. They have gone to the most tastless of all humans to paint and hawk the official painting of Graceland, Thomas Kinkade. Set to be released in March of next year, the EPE will show that it has made Black Velvet Paintings the level to strive to. Everytime that I see a Thomas Kinkade Gallery, I can't help but get sick. :sick: I am all for the Three 6 Mafia reality show now. They are far more upscale than this. :rolleyes:

Hey...we sell Thomas Kinkade figurines and other items at our store (Centerton, AR near Bentonville).

Mr. Kinkade's got his heart in the right place...I'm actually surprised (and glad) EPE chose him for this.

I've fixed that for him now.

Thanks for the help. I'm not the first to spell a word wrong in this forum. It's not even the first time for me. My problem was that I was thinking about Kinkade's work and it made me nauseous. :sick: I almost didn't make it to the can, but I feel better now. :yahoo: WTOP in Washington mentioned that Kinkade spent 3 hours making his preliminary painting. Oops! :sick: There I go again.

Thanks for the help. I'm not the first to spell a word wrong in this forum. It's not even the first time for me. My problem was that I was thinking about Kinkade's work and it made me nauseous. :sick: I almost didn't make it to the can, but I feel better now. :yahoo: WTOP in Washington mentioned that Kinkade spent 3 hours making his preliminary painting. Oops! :sick: There I go again.

I'm not concerned at all about his paintings. I don't know what they look like, and I couldn't care less. I wouldn't have a problem with this if TK weren't the subject of major bad publicity as well as the object of an FBI probe. That risks more of a tarnish (by association) than anything else.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ia/15391651.htm

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5738217

My ex-fiancee loved Kinkade's work. :cry:

Archived