Edgewater Townhomes

bigboyz05

Town homes coming to Arkansas side

Saturday, September 9, 2006 12:26 PM CDT

By AARON BRAND

Texarkana Gazette

An eight-unit, upscale townhome development will be coming to Texarkana, Ark., on North State Line Avenue.

C-3 Developments, LLC broke ground Friday on Edgewater, a planned unit development project at the intersection of North State Line and Edgehill Circle.

Three-story, individual townhomes will be built next to a five-and-a-half acre lake in this gated community that establishes restrictive use covenants. A property owner

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, but there are a few. Texarkana is pretty open and people there have always felt safe.

Not to give Shreveport-Bossier a bad image, but we have tons of gated communities because people want to feel safe. Texarkana doesn't need that, and that's one thing I've always liked about that city.

Darius - where is Edgehill Circle? Is that on the north side of I-30?

No, but there are a few. Texarkana is pretty open and people there have always felt safe.

Not to give Shreveport-Bossier a bad image, but we have tons of gated communities because people want to feel safe. Texarkana doesn't need that, and that's one thing I've always liked about that city.

Darius - where is Edgehill Circle? Is that on the north side of I-30?

Yes it is. I think in the Sugarhill area.

Oh okay, that makes sense! :) Sugarhill was one of my wife's subdivisions when she was working in Texarkana.

That's cool. I've heard that growth to the north is accelerating at such a pace that the urban area may soon hit the Little River Co. line. I think the highway department will have to once again change their route for the north loop freeway because of the rapid development.

Archived