Harry Anderson of "Night Court" fame moving to Asheville

wscruiser

I was watching Bill Maher do an interview last night with actor/comedian/magician Harry Anderson on HBO. Harry was sitting in his home located in the French Quarter of New Orleans surrounded by a mountain of moving boxes. Bill jokingly asked Harry if he was going somewhere, Harry's reply was "Yes, we are moving to Asheville, NC. It is a beautiful town located in the Smokey Mountains of North Carolina." He told Bill how fed up he and has family have become with the polticial BS that has taken place in New Orleans since Hurricane Katrnia. He vowed he would never leave his home in New Orleans, but he has had enough.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, jr7777. I remember watching him on that show that was based on Dave Barry's humor columns.

I bristle a little at the comparison to a Barnes and Noble, but I do realize the French Quarter is like no other place in America -- plus I take comfort that he likely would have made the same comparison of Savannah or Charleston or most anywhere else. I just hope he won't end up like so many other transplants who seem to move here for no other reason than to beotch about how much better things were back wherever they came from. Those are the newcomers who make you rethink your willingness to welcome people with open arms.

Archived