One Beale

qwertycc

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Commercial Appeal reported in a story today that the Carlisle Corporation hopes to break ground by the end of the year and the date will be dependent on how quickly the more affordable condos sell once they start being marketed this Spring. The article also stated that interest has been very high for the project and that the developers have been suprised by the pace at which the luxury condos have sold - with 26 at least being reported as currently reserved.

So at least on the face of it everything sounds to be lined up and going smoothly on this project. Lets hope this continues to be the case and that we get to see this project get underway by as early as this summer or fall!

I do pose a question though: Is it really all that suprising that the luxury condos have done so well?

The Commercial Appeal reported in a story today that the Carlisle Corporation hopes to break ground by the end of the year and the date will be dependent on how quickly the more affordable condos sell once they start being marketed this Spring. The article also stated that interest has been very high for the project and that the developers have been suprised by the pace at which the luxury condos have sold - with 26 at least being reported as currently reserved.

So at least on the face of it everything sounds to be lined up and going smoothly on this project. Lets hope this continues to be the case and that we get to see this project get underway by as early as this summer or fall!

I do pose a question though: Is it really all that suprising that the luxury condos have done so well?

26 one million dollar + suites sold, plus a commitment from Hyatt! That's pretty awesome! Does anyone know why it has been delayed though? Up until now every article I have read said it was going to begin construction in late 2007 and be completed early 2010...I guess its better that Carlisle doesn't rush it though, but with the success of the Horizon project and now One Beale, things are looking up for down town Memphis. I love downtown Memphis. It has one of the better feels for a downtown that I've ever been to. It makes one wonder what else Carlisle could have planned for Memphis.

26 one million dollar + suites sold, plus a commitment from Hyatt! That's pretty awesome! Does anyone know why it has been delayed though? Up until now every article I have read said it was going to begin construction in late 2007 and be completed early 2010...I guess its better that Carlisle doesn't rush it though, but with the success of the Horizon project and now One Beale, things are looking up for down town Memphis. I love downtown Memphis. It has one of the better feels for a downtown that I've ever been to. It makes one wonder what else Carlisle could have planned for Memphis.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gene Carlisle is doing a good job of keeping expectations about the project's progress in check. That this project is going to happen I is definitely something to take from the article I think, but clearly they are still working on the final product. Clearing the soil study was a big hurdle to pass over, so I think it's safe to say this project is right on track, even if it might not be going up right this moment.

I think Mr. Carlisle's comments about Memphis as a community and city that is not very well-defined holds quite a bit of merit, but I think the city is moving forward slowly but surely with it's redevelopment of downtown, and along with projects like One Beale, the city can start making its own small image nitch as projects create synergy in the downtown core. The only stumbling block is keeping leadership in place in the city government and in the private sector who want to pursue a common goal of a vibrant and marketable downtown Memphis.

• 3 weeks later...

I like that the Carlisle Group continues to adjust plans as needed to move the project forward. I would much rather see an impressive new taller tower on that site, then to see the project linger and hinge on hopes the economy turns around sooner rather than later. This is positive news IMO and I look forward to seeing the redesign.

Archived