New Mall In Fayetteville

Mgyeldell

New MAll In Fayetteville  

12 members have voted

1. 1. NEw Mall In Fayetteville NC Should Be Located ...

• Ramsey St. (Near Linden)
    • River Rd.(Wade)
    • Goldsboro Rd. (I-95,I-295,and US 13) Interchange

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is another mall needed in Fayetteville?

[/quote

Oh yes...Fayetteville is not a THAT small. It is growing and Cross Creek just can't expand anymore. Let me take that back it could expand like adding a second level but that would be toooo expensive. The mall area is congested beyond belief. Granted another suburban mall isn't the way I would like to see the city creat more retail options but as it stands now Skibo Rd is a shoppers nightmare. Remember Fayetteville is city of roughly 120,000. With another 30-40 thousand at Fort Bragg. Now add the huge number of retired vets in the surrounding area and you got yourself a nice robust little MSA. I think Cumberland county has upwards of 300,000 people. That doesn't sound like a lot but when all of those people have to come to the regions only mall it leads to endless traffic.

Fayetteville is a regional destination in terms of shopping, this includes Hoke, Harnett, Robeson, Bladen, Sampson and Moore Counties. Keep in mind that Hoke and Harnett counties are among some of the top growth counties in the state. If you add all of these populations with Cumberland - you are talking close to, if not over 800,000 people. So, does Fayetteville need another mall? Absolutely. Keep in mind that with BRAC - you are looking at another 25,000 - 30,000 people moving into this area by 2011. I have heard the rumors, and still believe that a mall is planned along Ramsey Street near I-295. A developer is planning a major complex at I-295, 13, and I-95. He is planning a complex similar to Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. He is planning Hotels, Office Buildings, Apartements, Condos, Housing, etc. He said the shopping complex would be larger than Cross Creek Mall. I have also heard rumors of a major retail development planned along Raeford Road. I think that Fayetteville could support at least 2 malls. As for Cross Creek adding a second floor, there are rumors that a second floor will be added along with parking decks. Will have to wait to see if that materializes - like I said rumors. I know several local developers and one told me a couple of weeks ago, that some major developments will be announced soon. I have also heard that a business or industrial park is planned near the I-95/I-295 interchange.

I think if Fayetteville was to get a new shopping complex, it would be like the one planned in Burlington (which does include department stores Dillard's, Belk and JC Penney so far) http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=22884

Plus, I believe it would be near the interstate 95/295/hwy 13 area to promote growth in that area

Cross Creek and the surrounding retail area is a very busy area! It is envitable within 10 years another mall will be built somewhere in Cumberland County. Therefore, my vote and ive always said this in previous posts, the 95/295/13 interchange will be the likely spot.

• 5 weeks later...

WHere Should the New MAll Be

I-295/I-95 interchange would probably be the best location. Once I-295 is extended it would allow easy access for a population with that is known to have disposable income.

As far as Fayetteville drawing Moore County residents, I'm sure it does but Cary draws quite a few also. At least in my neighborhood, especially now that US 1 around Vass has been improved.

Archived