Primary: Lieberman vs Lamont

MadVlad

I was surprised about the terrorist plot that was foiled in England today.

I thought the War on Terror officially ended with the LaMont primary victory. Wasn't he suppose to stop the war in Iraq and end the war on terror? Didn't the terrorists see the election results?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was surprised about the terrorist plot that was foiled in England today.

I thought the War on Terror officially ended with the LaMont primary victory. Wasn't he suppose to stop the war in Iraq and end the war on terror? Didn't the terrorists see the election results?

I guese he will stop the terror threats after the November elections, of course that's if he wins :lol:

No one said anything about stopping the war on terror. Iraq isn't even terrorism anymore it's a civil war that we don't belong in the middle of. Nobody said let the terrorist do whatever they want and attack America. Even Lamont said he is for US Military always being the strongest on the Globe. People act like liberals want to be attacked or something and don't care about America. Now that sh!t makes me sick.

LaMont will be the most powerless man in the senate. He won't be able to go to the bathroom without permission.

Actually that will be Lieberman if he is elected. Power in the Senate is determined by the parties, in particular the dominate party. If CT elects Lieberman he will be orphaned, not picked to be on any important committees and unable to get anything done. Depending upon the makeup of the Senate, one of the parties might throw him some bones to get him to sway his vote, but for the most part, Lieberman will be neutered and unable to use his senority to any advantage for the state. The parties hold primaries for a reason, and woe to someone who decides they don't want to play by the rules. This is why an independent in the congress is very very rare. The USA is a winner take all system and because of that, you will never see more than two parties in the Congress such as what is seen in Europe. This is by design.

Lieberman will huff and puff for a while, but over time he will fade away and this will be another note in election history. His days of a senior senator in the Democratic party are over with and with that his power.

Since this thread has become not much more than fodder for politican bashing, it is closed. You can go discuss Lieberman vs LaMont vs whatever in the UrbanPlanet CoffeeHouse. There is already a thread there on the subject.

Archived