Campus Corner

Okie

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only took four. lol

I was loading up almost 300 pics which I'm fixing to copy over to other places and decided to hell with it. Same with my old OU pics and I think one of my batches of Hornets photo. It only took twice as long as it takes to normally re-size every photo down from 3000x2000 (ish) and it didn't look too gaudy at first. So that's why.

I'd like to get around to all the urban districts in OKC and Norman, and I have season OU tickets so I'll take some there, and I won't bother to put any borders around those, even if I wanted too...

It's a few blocks of nice restaurants that range greatly in price, nice clothing shops, nice OU shops, and there are hardly any chain stores (with the exception of the original Louie's and the original Harold's).

There are one or two apartment buildings, I think one of them got converted to offices though. The district is the first TIF district, and since the 80s it's generally been on the rebound. When 120,000 OU fans fill Memorial Stadium and the parks around it (tailgating) everyone eats in Campus Corner after the game and buys beer and Sooner merchandise there before the game.

There have been a few redevelopments within the district, but I'm really just itching to see something significant like a new condominium building, something simillar to the East Village goin up on 12th/Lindsay Ave would be nice. Just on the other, better side of the campus (Campus Corner, I mean) and that would be the perfect development.

yeah, whats significant
It's a few blocks of nice restaurants that range greatly in price, nice clothing shops, nice OU shops, and there are hardly any chain stores (with the exception of the original Louie's and the original Harold's).

There are one or two apartment buildings, I think one of them got converted to offices though. The district is the first TIF district, and since the 80s it's generally been on the rebound. When 120,000 OU fans fill Memorial Stadium and the parks around it (tailgating) everyone eats in Campus Corner after the game and buys beer and Sooner merchandise there before the game.

There have been a few redevelopments within the district, but I'm really just itching to see something significant like a new condominium building, something simillar to the East Village goin up on 12th/Lindsay Ave would be nice. Just on the other, better side of the campus (Campus Corner, I mean) and that would be the perfect development.

Sounds like there are mixed opinions about it.

Sounds like fromdust lives on the north side of town.

why yes i am. edmond in fact. i drive through norman everyday on 35, but have not actually been into norman in a very long time, a couple years probably.

When 120,000 OU fans fill Memorial Stadium

what? isnt it more like 75,000?

Memorial Stadium holds a capacity much larger than 75,000. It's more around 85,000-90,000, I believe. They expand it each time they win a championship.

And then there are the little pocket parks in and around OU, and the sides of the streets that they close off during game days that they easily get thousands of tailgaters who set up TVs and picnic chairs and fire up the grill. Now that's what I like! (but I'm not complaining about season tickets FINALLY this year either)

edit: Actually it is 83,000.

Archived