Downtown Mesa Pics

MJLO

hey guys,

I've been going nuts with a camera lately. Here are some pics of Downtown Mesa. For a city of 460k it has a skyline for a city about one tenth it's size. I'd imagine it has something to do with the rapid growth it has seen in recent decades. Coupled with the anti-growth policies of it's leadership. However aside from it's tiny town mainstreet appearance. It has some amazing things going for it, and unlimited, untapped potential.

enjoy....

166266549_fb5c8d2e97.jpg

166266550_286e35d7e6.jpg

166266554_453c61147b.jpg

166266561_958d23b2ca.jpg

166266563_59280a11a8.jpg

166267110_38623a1073.jpg

166267111_021dfc2b5e.jpg

166267112_2d8c5415ec.jpg

166267114_a59f52f589.jpg

This is the BOA tower. The tallest building in Mesa, Ironically it's isolated. It's located in a major commercial part of town, accross the street from a mall, about four miles from the central business district. It is the only structure over three floors in the area it's located. It's a little over 200 ft tall. But given it's isolation, you can see it for miles giving it a much taller appearance.

166267119_a0c913d6c7.jpg

here are a couple more views up close.

166262603_ad295eaa98.jpg

166262604_0c478909fc.jpg

166262601_dffbcdabdb.jpg

i'll post more later! Feel free to post anything Mesa here.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had no idea mesa's population was so large, even though i knew it was second only to phoenix in maricopa co. thanks for the interesting pics; keep 'em coming!

I've been hearing about Mesa for a while. It's gained some publicity because it happens to be bigger now that some well known cities like Buffalo, city limit not metro. But it's still weird to see a suburb bigger than a number of other cities.

Mesa's slated to be larger than Tucson in a few years, which would make it the second largest in the state.

The Downtown area is very cool, and I certainly agree that there's a lot of potential in that area.

Nice pics.

Take a look at Mesa's city hall there in the center of those photos.

I really dislike that "fad" style of architecture from the 50's Im sure it's classified as another name. I prefer architecture that's pretty thruout time. Most of the public buildings in town here all have that ugly, dingy look to them.

Take a look at Mesa's city hall there in the center of those photos.

I really dislike that "fad" style of architecture from the 50's Im sure it's classified as another name. I prefer architecture that's pretty thruout time. Most of the public buildings in town here all have that ugly, dingy look to them.

Yeah I'm sure many people agree with you about the look of the building. But you never know. There seems to be a period where a lot of architecture is too old to be appreciated but not old enough to be liked. Another couple of decades and people might better appreciate it for it being so 'different and unique'. But that being said I can't say that style of architecture really is to my taste either.

I know what you're saying Mith, it makes sense. We feel the same way about gothic architechture and so on. It just seems that with those neo contemporary buildings from the 40's and 50's, they are all just neglected and crappy! I have yet to come out of one and say, wow that's a really nice building, well maintained.

Archived