Riverfront Property Proposal(s)?

tony speller

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, don't blame the developers for dragging their heels.

I don't think RiverGrand would wind up looking like a $2 billion shopping mall. The city wants mixed use, so does Faust. There will be jobs, and it won't be 20,000 burger flippers or Gap employees.

I just wish all the sweeping generalizations and "kick the bums out of town" talk would quiet down until everyone had some real meat to chew on....

Wait for the RFPs, then rip the heck out of whomever you want.

Til then, take it easy on these people. Lots of the "rumor" and "bad news" out there about Faust is either meaningless or completely false.

If there was any "meat" to chew on the interested developer(s) would be aggressively pursuing the project. The city has stumbled with the RFP, but a developer with an urgent (real) project would be working local political relations, news outlets, public opinion, financing and implementation outlets.

We're not hearing anything from any of the developers and that suggests a luke warm level of interest at best (ie. if you guys have something you should be promoting it and yourselves well in advance of the RFP).

Like the old lady in the Wendy's commercial used to demand, "Where's the beef?"

• 5 weeks later...

Oh, what fun we had with this, didn't we?

I think I'll always remember sitting at home (I don't know why I wasn't at work) hitting "reload" to see who the "mystery man" was who was going to bring Mark London his big money. (I kinda wish I could go back and read those old thread just for kicks)

It was definitely some good entertainment, if nothing else. I still wonder what "big plans" everyone was told about.

On to 2007 we go... what excitement will there be this year?

Oh, what fun we had with this, didn't we?

I think I'll always remember sitting at home (I don't know why I wasn't at work) hitting "reload" to see who the "mystery man" was who was going to bring Mark London his big money. (I kinda wish I could go back and read those old thread just for kicks)

It was definitely some good entertainment, if nothing else. I still wonder what "big plans" everyone was told about.

On to 2007 we go... what excitement will there be this year?

Call me sentimental, but I miss the good old secret project days. I just had to bring this one to the top one last time in 2006.

Now get back to what you were doing 'cause there still isn't any beef.

I do wonder who will replace Sue Shannon at the City. Has anyone heard?

• 1 month later...

It was just reported that Aliens where spotted on the Riverfront building a secret base in a elaborate plot to turn the people of GR into mindless zombie slaves.

a813i0_bsc.jpg

Just Kidding of course. But my point is that the line between fact and fiction about the riverfront is very blurry now. So I'm still not getting my hopes up until I see with my own two eyes an honest to goodness tower crane over that site working on a real building.

Archived