Well, I'm Disappointed

alon504

I visit many sites concerning intelligent urban discussion. And I really enjoy this site, however, I find it disheartening that I have to pay $$$ to view pics. It is a deterant when visiting this site. I think that it is a negative move on the part of this site to ask us to pay to have a smoother visit. It's not appropriate...I think it would be better to ask for donations. The new rules cause me to visit less. I simply find it a task to participate and view relevant photos. Shame on this site. Here's hoping that this site will be more "in line," with other sites that discuss issues that are relevant to this site.....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I have missed something, but I have never known this site to EVER require a paid membership of ANY kind to have the ability to see pictures. In fact, most of the members are free members and frequently post their own photos with ease. According to the Administrators of UrbanPlanet.org, the site shall remain free forever. A paid membership is a voluntary donation to help with the costs of improving and maintaining the growing site, if I fully understood what I've read. Could you please post or link the information you read that led you to this idea? I think this could be cleared up in short order. :)

I visit many sites concerning intelligent urban discussion. And I really enjoy this site, however, I find it disheartening that I have to pay $$$ to view pics. It is a deterant when visiting this site. I think that it is a negative move on the part of this site to ask us to pay to have a smoother visit. It's not appropriate...I think it would be better to ask for donations. The new rules cause me to visit less. I simply find it a task to participate and view relevant photos. Shame on this site. Here's hoping that this site will be more "in line," with other sites that discuss issues that are relevant to this site.....

There is no charge here to view photos. There are no charges to access anything on this site, and we even provide free photo hosting to our members. You may of course donate if you like.

Maybe you could give us more details on what is causing your problem, we could help you to solve it.

alon504,

I'm not sure where you even got the idea that we charge to view photos. In fact, we provide completely FREE hosting of photos to all members who have more than 100 posts. If you are a member that has validated your FREE account you have the ability from the start to view pictures for FREE. I never have and I never will charge all members for that or anything else. Our Plus and Premium Memberships are indeed paid memberships but are voluntary. It is theoretically a donation to the site and to give a little back to those who do donate we offer a few expanded options and features but basic access to the board and site (even photo hosting and viewing abilities) are free and will remain free to all users regardless if they are paying members or not.

Please tell us exactly where you got the idea that we charge and I will make a note to clear up any confusion. As it stands there is no documentation anywhere on this site posted by an administrator or even moderator that says to view photos a paid membership is required.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived