Lagniappe

NCB

Frisco is nice place. I got the chance to visit my Uncle who lives there.Some impressive developments as Brian said. Driving the North Dallas Tollway is an extremely impressive urban corridor.

Frisco has a really cool park! (can't remember the name)? :dontknow: It has some historic facts behind it with the Great Cattle Trails that once ran thru there. There are bronze statues of horses and cool flowing stream flowing thru the middle of the park with giant stones lining each side

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Brian. That is amazing. Maybe Denham Springs will grow like that(not necessarily to that size)with all the growth Livingston has been having.Fresco's even got it's own mall, how cool is that!

Could you give me a few essential visits though, including some in Dallas and the downtown area as my dad is the one who is going to have to drive me to all these places. Something for a kid to do also as I'll have to bring my little cousins along.Thanks again. :)

Dallas World Aquarium, downtown Dallas

Dallas West End... very family friendly dining area

Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum in Grand Prairie, between Dallas and Arlington.

Again, Frisco's Stonebriar Centre.

And if you get a chance, check out Addison, near the Galleria. Galleria is nice but Addison is where Dallas' famous "restaurant row" is located. It's great restaurant after restaurant in Addison. It's a diner's delight.

Frisco is nice place. I got the chance to visit my Uncle who lives there.Some impressive developments as Brian said. Driving the North Dallas Tollway is an extremely impressive urban corridor.

Frisco has a really cool park! (can't remember the name)? :dontknow: It has some historic facts behind it with the Great Cattle Trails that once ran thru there. There are bronze statues of horses and cool flowing stream flowing thru the middle of the park with giant stones lining each side

I regret to say I honestly don't know what park you're taking about. I know Frisco has a downtown but I've never made it that far. :lol:

That sculpture sounds very much like a couple of sculptures located in other areas throughout DFW.

Oh and yes, the Dallas North Tollway is an amazingly urban freeway cutting a path right through the center of Dallas all the way out into the suburbs. Definitely a must!!

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Have a good time in Dallas, Dan! :thumbsup:

So Brian, doesn't Thanksgiving look like an awesome time to get down to "The Crescent City," "The Big Easy," "The Original Sin City," "Paris of America," "The City that Care Forgot," "N'awlins," "NOLA," "New Orleans," or anything else you want to call it. :lol:

Have a good time in Dallas, Dan! :thumbsup:

So Brian, doesn't Thanksgiving look like an awesome time to get down to "The Crescent City," "The Big Easy," "The Original Sin City," "Paris of America," "The City that Care Forgot," "N'awlins," "NOLA," "New Orleans," or anything else you want to call it. :lol:

I'd love to make it down there, but we're having a Thanksgiving get-together with friends from Texarkana next weekend. They're going to be here for the huge fireworks show on Saturday as well. I've seen fireworks shows in Dallas, Chicago, etc and this holiday fireworks show here is among the largest I've ever seen... and it blows our July 4th fireworks show out of the water. This show is the one where all the fireworks are donated by the local black powder plant, so they put a huge deal of effort into it! I'm hoping for some great photos.

I went to Gatlinburg the Summer before last. It's located about 40 miles SE of Knoxville on the northern fringes of the Great Smokey Mts. National Park.

The town suprised me. It was alot bigger and more commercial than I thought. It had a nice stretch of Main Street(type), lots of tourist too which made it fairly crowded. It even has a 330ft' space needle observation tower. I have some pics, should I post them in Tennessee forum??

I went to Gatlinburg the Summer before last. It's located about 40 miles SE of Knoxville on the northern fringes of the Great Smokey Mts. National Park.

The town suprised me. It was alot bigger and more commercial than I thought. It had a nice stretch of Main Street(type), lots of tourist too which made it fairly crowded. It even has a 330ft' space needle observation tower. I have some pics, should I post them in Tennessee forum??

Yeah, why not? I'm sure the people in the Tennessee forum would love to see your shots!

Wow that's interesting and impressive. Thanks for posting that Nate. Good to have you back.

How was it driving in St.Louis or did you by-pass it altogether?

That LSU sign has me even more stoked for the big game vs. Arkansas on Friday. It's gonna be a battle! I am concerned that LSU's leading tackler LB-Derry Beckwith is very ?questionable for the game with a sprained knee back in Alabama game; His impact is bigger than many realize. Arkansas has one of the Top RB's in the country. LSU really needs him!

Edited by richyb83

Wow that's interesting and impressive. Thanks for posting that Nate. Good to have you back.

How was it driving in St.Louis or did you by-pass it altogether?

That LSU sign has me even more stoked for the big game vs. Arkansas on Friday. It's gonna be a battle! I am concerned that LSU's leading tackler LB-Derry Beckwith is very ?questionable for the game with a sprained knee back in Alabama game; His impact is bigger than many realize. Arkansas has one of the Top RB's in the country. LSU really needs him!

That sign IS cool, and nice to see in Memphis!

I can't speak for Nate, but my guess is that he went up through Memphis, then got on I-57 in Sikeston, MO, past the giant Fireworks store in Charleston, on through Effingham, IL and Champaign, IL, and then to Chicago.

^^ That's just my guess, based on the route I normally take to Champaign and Chicago.

I can't speak for Nate, but my guess is that he went up through Memphis, then got on I-57 in Sikeston, MO, past the giant Fireworks store in Charleston, on through Effingham, IL and Champaign, IL, and then to Chicago.

^^ That's just my guess, based on the route I normally take to Champaign and Chicago.

That's exactly right, Brian. I spent the night in Mount Vernon, IL on the way up, and in Batesville, MS on the way back down to New Orleans.

30 hours!?!? Crud!!

It's only 14 hours and about 800 miles for me, going up through Arkansas on I-30.

Those 30 hours were spread out through 4 days, so it wasn't really that bad at all.

I took I-55 up from New Orleans up through all of Mississippi, Memphis, Arkansas, and southern Missouri. I caught I-57 in Sikeston, MO, and took it all the way up to a few miles outside of Chicago, where I caught I-90/94 and headed into The Loop from there. It was quite a trip! :thumbsup:

A stop-motion motorcycle tour of Shreveport. This is friggin awesome. And man, he covers a LOT of Shreveport in this tour, cramming it all into just 2 and a half minutes worth of video. I noticed the guy's name is Shane Bevel and I realized I know that name. He's a photojournalist for The Times. This is a very cool little project, and he even goes through downtown which looks really cool. :D Even if it does go by fast, I've never seen a driving video of downtown Shreveport.

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Wow, awesome video and a great find, Brian!

I'd like to see one of those tours of New Orleans, so hopefully I can find one. I've seen stop motion tours of Houston, Atlanta, Dallas, L.A., New York City, and now Shreveport.

I'd venture to guess that someone has made one. You might try searching for stop motion or stop-motion on YouTube and use New Orleans in the keywords. Surely you could find one.

I'd venture to guess that someone has made one. You might try searching for stop motion or stop-motion on YouTube and use New Orleans in the keywords. Surely you could find one.

No luck searching both YouTube and Google so far. Maybe I'll just have to make my own! ;)