The Charlevoix Hotel & Spa

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. & BRANSON, Mo. - Oct. 7, 2004 -- Mr. John Q. Hammons today announced his plans to develop a five-star hotel in Branson, Mo. The 18-story, luxury property will be positioned high atop a mountain ridge overlooking Table Rock Lake, five miles from Branson's entertainment center, which draws an estimated 7.2 million visitors annually(1). To be owned by Mr. Hammons, the European-style hotel will be called The Charlevoix at the Chateau Table Rock Lake - Branson, Mo. The property will be managed by Springfield, Mo.-based John Q. Hammons Hotels, Inc. (AMEX:JQH), the nation's leading independent builder, developer, owner and manager of upscale, full-service hotels, resorts and suites.

Slated for construction in 2005 with an estimated opening in early 2007, The Charlevoix at the Chateau Table Rock Lake will feature 200/two-bedroom suites with commanding views of the lake, dam and surrounding mountains. The hotel's 18th floor will encompass a superb restaurant offering rare vantage points of the nightlights of downtown Branson. The hotel will also include a full-service spa and flexible meeting space ideal for corporate functions and retreats.

CharlevoixTableRockRendering.jpeg

Conveniently located 1,000 feet from and 400 feet above its sister property Chateau on the Lake Resort and Convention Center, The Charlevoix will offer guests access to vast amenities of the Chateau, including the resort's marina; 40,000 square feet of meeting space; and the $2 million, 10,000-square-foot, full-service Spa Botanica under construction.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JQH Hotels has announced that the restuarant on the 18th floor will be a rotating restaurant so you will be able to see views from all sides of the hotel! I can't believe they are doing this because it is such a costly endeavor.

JQH Hotels has announced that the restuarant on the 18th floor will be a rotating restaurant so you will be able to see views from all sides of the hotel! I can't believe they are doing this because it is such a costly endeavor.

Isn't JQH the same guy that built Jurassic Park? No expense was spared. :D

That's a great addition to Branson Landing.

I've only eaten at one rotating restaurant in Disney World, and I have to say, it's one of the best dining endeavors ever invented.

That's a great addition to Branson Landing.

I've only eaten at one rotating restaurant in Disney World, and I have to say, it's one of the best dining endeavors ever invented.

I've eaten at that same one in D World as well....it was excelent! This hotel is actually not by the Branson Landing it is by the Chateau on the Lake which is by the Table Rock Dam.

Luxury at the lake

Whirlpools, massages and more will greet visitors to Spa Chateau, which opens Friday.

Past the 30-foot-tall Swarovski crystal waterfall chandelier in the entrance, visitors to the Spa Chateau will find a new way to relax in Branson.

spachandalier.jpg

The 5 star full-service, free-standing spa at the Chateau on the Lake is set to open Friday. It is 14,000 square feet and $6 million of luxury that includes the Infinity Tub room where a stream of water falls from the high ceiling, filling the deep, inner tub and flowing over the rim into the outer basin.

The spa's menu includes the 80-minute Dogwood Signature Massage that combines Swedish massage, Japanese acupressure and Thai stretches and ends with a Guided Power Nap.

sparoom.jpg

^^

This hotel is nothing short of spectacular.

You should see the inside, it looks like an outdoor forest with a 40 foot waterfall and stream, planted inside this hotel. I just can't wait to see how nice this new one will be. Maybe my boss will decide to move our annual Branson stay from the Chateau to the Charlevoix! :D

• 4 weeks later...

This kind of looks like the Renaissance Hotel in Tulsa, very nice looking.

Not to be mean but after seeing the Tulsa Rennaissance Hotel the Chateau makes it look like a ghetto building. The Chateau is 100 times better looking as well as quality.

Not to be mean but after seeing the Tulsa Rennaissance Hotel the Chateau makes it look like a ghetto building. The Chateau is 100 times better looking as well as quality.

Actually, I just checked out some pics of the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and it's nearly identical in every way to the Chateau in Branson. I think you meant this new Charlevoix Hotel will be 100 times better looking than the Renaissance in Tulsa. Now as for the scenery and landscaping both Branson hotels blow away anything they have in Tulsa or practically anywhere for that matter... minus a few famous resort hotels here and there. :D

Actually, I just checked out some pics of the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and it's nearly identical in every way to the Chateau in Branson. I think you meant this new Charlevoix Hotel will be 100 times better looking than the Renaissance in Tulsa. Now as for the scenery and landscaping both Branson hotels blow away anything they have in Tulsa or practically anywhere for that matter... minus a few famous resort hotels here and there. :D

Yeah, I actually looked at the wrong hotel. They are pretty equal in Quality but I think the Chateau is a little more achitecturaly challenging. For the most part they are equal.

Yeah, I actually looked at the wrong hotel. They are pretty equal in Quality but I think the Chateau is a little more achitecturaly challenging. For the most part they are equal.

I couldn't get over how beautiful the landscaping and surrounding countryside is in Branson. Both the Charlevoix and Chateau are hard to compare with any hotel outside of major tourist places like Orlando or Vegas.

I couldn't get over how beautiful the landscaping and surrounding countryside is in Branson. Both the Charlevoix and Chateau are hard to compare with any hotel outside of major tourist places like Orlando or Vegas.

You're right about that one.....Branson has some awesome scenery! I can't wait to see what the Charleviox will look like with all the rolling mountains and hills behind it.

• 7 months later...

Archived