Gas prices in your region of Louisiana?

dimebag1980

I payed $20.06 for about 6.7 gallons of gas this afternoon. That will get me about 120 miles before I'll need to spend at least 25 bucks; at least that's how it looks at the rate gas is going up. <_<

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As nice as the Summer ga$ prices were; it's getting higher again. The National Avg. is over $3.00 now; here in BR I paid $2.89. Hope the prices slow down soon as we get into the colder months.

Gawd the gas is still cheap down there!!! When I fueled up here in Haughton on Monday the price was right at $3.00.

• 4 months later...

Really did not want to re-start this thread with this news. On average the price$ of gas has gone up about 70 cents from this same time a year ago. I see gas around here at it's cheapest around $3.05; ther is an avg. of $3.12 State; $3.23 National avg. Unfortunately prices are supposed to rise another 20-30 cents by Summer.

http://www.louisianagasprices.com/

Not trying to be a pessimist; but there may come a day in about 4 or 5 years we dreamed of gas prices being this low as it is now.

Really did not want to re-start this thread with this news. On average the price$ of gas has gone up about 70 cents from this same time a year ago. I see gas around here at it's cheapest around $3.05; ther is an avg. of $3.12 State; $3.23 National avg. Unfortunately prices are supposed to rise another 20-30 cents by Summer.

Not trying to be a pessimist; but there may come a day in about 4 or 5 years we dreamed of gas prices being this low as it is now.

/cry

It's just too expensive to live anymore. Our cheapest gas is about what yours is and I've been buying the cheapest crap lately. That's very unlike me, but I just can't see giving Chevron so much of my money anymore.

Never thought I'd say this, but perhaps it's time to go hybrid. The fuel companies want us to purchase gas, but they're driving us toward more fuel-efficient vehicles in the process.

• 4 months later...

We are only 5 months down the road and I'd like to see us back to $3.05.

Currently gas is $3.60 @ Sams Club on Airline Hwy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's in the $1.95-$1.99 range in most of this area. How's it doing statewide? I just got back from a few days in Hot Springs, AR and I watched it drop from about $2.05 when I got there, to $1.97 when I left! I was SO glad to see the prices almost identical to that when I returned home.

Quick edit: I just wanted to add a WOOOT! to this post. ;) I couldn't be happier. Times are a little tough for me right now, so this is welcome news.

• 1 month later...

Paid a $1.47 today at RaceTrac on South Sherwood Forest Blvd in BR. How much further will gas prices drop??

I don't know, but a couple weeks ago I got it for $1.34 at a gas station in Bossier, but now no one seems to be going under $1.45. Either way, I will NOT complain about these prices. Though I have a coworker whose father's livelihood is oil and gas, and he's cringing at these prices.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

La. has 10th lowest gas prices in nation

Louisiana has the 10th lowest average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gas in the country, according to AAA. Drivers pay an average cost of $2.55 for a gallon of regular unleaded at Louisiana pumps, according to the auto club's daily fuel gauge report. South Carolina has the lowest gas average, at $2.481 per gallon; Alaska has the highest, at $3.524 per gallon. The national average is $2.709 per gallon. The average cost for a gallon of gas in metro Baton Rouge is $2.52, down 9 cents from a month ago.

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/daily-report/2010/sep/13/1834/

• 1 year later...

Hmmm...$2.55 sure would look nice again.....fast-forward a year & 1/2....the cheapest gas I see in BR at RaceTrac is $3.56...and with the never ending termoil in the Middle East & rumors of War with Iran this could easily be cheap compared to another year & 1/2 from now....looks like my dream vacation for this Summer will have to be put on hold with the increasingly expensive plane tickets... <_<

• 1 year later...

Another year already...close to the same price. Gas had recently shot up about 50 cents in less than a month to $3.59..now has gradually gone back down to $3.45.

How high will it be by Summer? How close to $4.00 are we looking at??

Sure would be nice to see 2010 prices again...but the American dollar continues to lose value as we speak(21% since 1985)

Archived