Entergy To Return Headquarters to New Orleans

NCB

There were rumors that this multi-billion corporation, that is a strong Fortune 500 was going to be moving to Jackson, MS, but, turns out that's not the case. They are coming back to their tower on Loyola Avenue Downtown.

Link

This is some of the best news coming out of New Orleans since Katrina. This is just great! :D

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, thisis excellent news. I guess $500 million dollars can buy you friends. FYI, New Orleans now has two Fortune 500 companies. When was the last time we had that?

Yea, from 0 to 2 Fortune 500 companies since Katrina, not bad. :D

FYI, the second Fortune 500 company in New Orleans is Freeport McMoran.

I believe Louisiana now has 3 Fortune 500 companies, doesn't it? I'm not completely sure about Shaw Group, but I thought they had made it into the F500.

There were rumors that this multi-billion corporation, that is a strong Fortune 500 was going to be moving to Jackson, MS, but, turns out that's not the case. They are coming back to their tower on Loyola Avenue Downtown.

http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/...n.54276439.html

This is some of the best news coming out of New Orleans since Katrina. This is just great! :D

What the heck was going to possess them to move to Jackson, MS?

Anyway, excellent news!!

What the heck was going to possess them to move to Jackson, MS?

If I had to come up with a reason I would say that Jackson is a pretty inexpensive city to live and operate in, and I think that could play a major factor. Also, Jackson doesn't have to worry about heavy flooding, hurricanes(for the most part) and other natural disasters. Honestly though, I didn't really see why Entergy wanted to relocate to Jackson of all possible locations. I think there could've been much brighter opportunities in other cities, small or large, throughout the South.

But hey, their back in New Orleans! :D

If I had to come up with a reason I would say that Jackson is a pretty inexpensive city to live and operate in, and I think that could play a major factor. Also, Jackson doesn't have to worry about heavy flooding, hurricanes(for the most part) and other natural disasters. Honestly though, I didn't really see why Entergy wanted to relocate to Jackson of all possible locations. I think there could've been much brighter opportunities in other cities, small or large, throughout the South.

But hey, their back in New Orleans! :D

No kidding... back in New Orleans where they belong. :)

Yeah I couldn't figure out the attraction to Jackson. Nothing at all against that city... it's a nice, progressive place... but it just doesn't fit the profile of the type area I would expect to see a company like Entergy even consider for its headquarters.

Yeah I couldn't figure out the attraction to Jackson. Nothing at all against that city... it's a nice, progressive place... but it just doesn't fit the profile of the type area I would expect to see a company like Entergy even consider for its headquarters.

Yea, I really didn't get it other. :dontknow:

Glad to see them moving back to New Orleans ! I am suprised that giant-Houston did not somehow get them to re-locate there. They have been draining the Big-Easy for decades. Houston was even trying to persuade BR's Fortune 500 Co. 2004(just missed 2005) Shaw Industries into leaving before Katrina. But the CEO just likes south Louisiana too much to leave.

I am curious to see what the Entergy Tower looks like. I am gonna go check-it-out on Emporis.

Thanks, NCB ! I guess I did get the both of them confused.

Nothing special ? Remember, this is Richy in Skyline deprived BR you are talking to. That 28-story Entergy Bldg. would look great over here !

The 39-story Energy Center(4th tallest in the city) is one of the coolest high-rises in the NOLA CBD !

Nothing special ? Remember, this is Richy in Skyline deprived BR you are talking to. That 28-story Entergy Bldg. would look great over here !

Haha, well we'll trade you Entergy Tower for Riverplace Condo's once it's complete! ;)

Archived