Signature Tower

NewTowner

I would hope so. We haven't heard anything for at least a month. I really hope the sales center opens real soon. They wouldn't need a building permit if they wanted to convert the Viridian sales center to the ST sales center, would they?

Gaushell! Long time no see. I saw that your team wasn't involved with the interior renderings on the site, but do you know anything about them?

And is that a new avatar? I like it. Why does the crown look gold?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gaushell! Long time no see. I saw that your team wasn't involved with the interior renderings on the site, but do you know anything about them?

And is that a new avatar? I like it. Why does the crown look gold?

We did all of the renderings except for the bottom three.

Those three interior renderings of the lobby area, etc. were created by the interior design team as part of their services. We are working on a new shot of the pool deck right now - it is really nice up there. Has changed significantly from the video.

Crown looks a bit gold in that small avatar because of the "gold" light. It is a rendering I created for the cover of Pinnacle Magazine. sig-pinn.png

Admin's Note: In an attempt to try and get this topic back on a serious note I have deleted a couple of dozen irrelevant posts. Please no more questions on the ground breaking date (nobody knows) , posts about Godzilla climbing up the building and the building making musical noises (go somewhere else) , and a posts for every single reservation that gets made. They are only going to be deleted.

I agree, but it would be very difficult and expensive to do that, with the insurance costs and stuff. Plus, to me, it would seem weird to have an observation deck visited by thousands of people everyday in an all residential tower.

And I don't think I've done this yet, but welcome to UP msg...

I agree, but it would be very difficult and expensive to do that, with the insurance costs and stuff. Plus, to me, it would seem weird to have an observation deck visited by thousands of people everyday in an all residential tower.

And I don't think I've done this yet, but welcome to UP msg...

Most observation towers charge for access so if a thousands visited/day then that is thousands of dollars/day for the building owners. It would more than cover the expenses. Without exception these kind of observation decks have separate elevators and entrances for the tourists. However it wasn't designed into this building so it isn't likely to happen. The views will reserved for the fortunate few that can afford to live there. That is of course they actually build the thing.

It was another missed opportunity to make a more engaging building for the general public.

Yeah, you're right about the money. He actually could have made a lot of money, probably even more than he will with the penthouse, but I think there was still the problem of not enough room for the elevators. As it is, there are very few elevators for the building, and the observation deck would probably need two.

Who knows, maybe somebody else will build a tower with a rooftop deck, that way we can also see the Signature Tower (I find that to be the biggest flaw of the ESB's observation deck.)

Who knows, maybe somebody else will build a tower with a rooftop deck, that way we can also see the Signature Tower (I find that to be the biggest flaw of the ESB's observation deck.)

Well that is a ~70 year old building but even then they managed to make it a public structure by adding an observation deck. By the time they build the WTC they had gotten much better at it where two high speed tourist only elevators would take a hundred+ people to the top very quickly. It was a fantastic venue and you could even go up outside onto the roof if the weather permitted it. The Peachtree Plaza in Atlanta has thrilled southerners for decades now with not only interior elevators to the top but the trilling glass elevator that leaves the lobby and goes straight to the observation deck and rotating restaurant.

I am a bit put off by developers these days that ask for public participation in their projects (re: tax money) who end up building what is essentially a vertical McMansion neighborhood that excludes everyone from the property except the property owners and their guests. I think there would be a lot more excitement and support for this tower if it had been part of a plan to urbanize the area around it (re street facing retail) and a tourist component such as an observation deck. As it is, this is a project that isn't going to do much for the common person in Nashville. It amazes me that developers consistently make this mistake these days.

I'm pretty sure that most all of Tony's projects have a good deal of street level retail. Viridian of course has the grocery store, The Encore seems to have quite a bit surrounding it, and the ST will have some retail too, including an upscale restaurant and some other shops. He's really getting better at making his buildings more friendly on the ground.

Hey so, its been a while since I posted. Does anyone really have a true clue of whether or not ST will get built? For some reason I'm starting to get uneasy. I haven't heard or read anything on the news or in papers recently about the progress, and no real posts about any further reservations in the past few months. Does anyone know if there is a certain percentage of units that need to be reserved prior to or shortly after the sales center opens in order for it to be BUILT? What can I do to help?!?! ;)

His Dickson comment was a joke. He probably just meant that Tony G is on fire, and will keep annoucing big projects. Dickson is a small suburb to the west of Nashville that probably has around 20,000 people.

I think it was some sort of joke too, but it sure was not written in a manner that relayed that it was. Most folks aren't going to make the connection that a 80 story tower would be of similar stature to the 70 story Sig....which he had just got done stating would be the state's tallest. Plus, if anyone has been to Dickson....well they would know that this could not be a serious proposal....however how many folks go to Dickson? I mean I do...but its on the way to Nashville on US 70. LOL

I would however not classify Dickson as a suburb...Dickson County is in the Metropolitan area, but Dickson (city) is quite a bit removed from the outskirts of Nashville. Using mile marker 200 on I 40 as the outer line for the city its roughly 25 miles to Dickson.

I think it was some sort of joke too, but it sure was not written in a manner that relayed that it was. Most folks aren't going to make the connection that a 80 story tower would be of similar stature to the 70 story Sig....which he had just got done stating would be the state's tallest. Plus, if anyone has been to Dickson....well they would know that this could not be a serious proposal.

I think it was just a joke that didn't come off well but to the uninitiated it may have sounded like the writer was employing sarcasm to make the point that ST wouldn't happen. Given that the writer is married to the person paid to generate good press and pr for Girantanna, I doubt that was his intent.

I think it was just a joke that didn't come off well but to the uninitiated it may have sounded like the writer was employing sarcasm to make the point that ST wouldn't happen. Given that the writer is married to the person paid to generate good press and pr for Girantanna, I doubt that was his intent.

I doubt his intent was to make the point that ST wouldn't happen either since he said, and I quote from his article "The most exciting news is that construction will begin on the 70-story Signature Tower, providing Nashville with the South

The Signature is up for fianl reading as well. I didnt realize this was going to be a LEED certified project.

http://www.nashville.gov/mc/ordinances/bl2006_1291.htm

BILL NO. BL2006-1291 (Jameson)

Approved by Planning Commission (9-0)

Referred to Planning & Zoning Committee

Map & Parcel No./Owner:

93-61-82 Signature Holdings, LLC

Requested by: Gresham, Smith & Partners

An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from CC to SP zoning property located at 501 Church Street, at the southwest corner of Church Street and 5th Avenue North (1.23 acres), to permit the development of a 1,396,000 square foot building, including 435 residential condos, 197 hotel rooms, 17,000 square feet of restaurant and retail space, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2006SP-178U-09).

Take it easy. ST will move ahead despite my skepticism if it's supposed to. :thumbsup:

On that we definitely agree. I certainly recognize the fact that this project is far from a done deal. But I am a great believer in Tony Giarratana being able to pull this project off, despite the many hurdles that must be cleared. I think it's significant that he has already been able to secure 8 out of 11 reservations for the most expensive units in the project on floors 64 thru 70. These units alone represent over $36 Million in sales (assuming he can get contracts signed). This seems to indicate to me that there is a market in the Nashville area for an ultra-high end condo project, and Tony seems to be the right guy to develop it.

Archived