Menger Hotel

tombarnes

While I know that the Menger is owned by the Moody family who may be reluctant to release their control of the property, I am still somewhat puzzled that a first-class renovation hasn't been done with this historic property. Its location is unparalleled in San Antonio and the bones of the structures are very good indeed. I might be tempted to remove the 1950's wing by the pool, though. Has there been any serious discussion about bringing this hotel back where it belongs at the forefront of San Antonio hotels? Recent reviews suggest that the rooms are getting very tired.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pending sale of the Hotel Washington for $120 m may mean more money in the pockets of the GalTex Hotel Corporation (owned by the Moody family) which owns the Menger. This could portend a renovation or the sale of the property. Stay tuned....

Archived