UrbanPlanet.org Firefox Search Plugin

Neo

Many of you know that we fully support Firefox and recommend it as the primary browser for all and to add to our support we are now offering a free UrbanPlanet.org search plugin exclusively for Firefox!

Simply click the "UrbanPlanet.org" link on the following website:

http://mycroft.mozdev.org/download.html?na...bmitform=Search

And when asked to install it say ok! This will install a new search plugin in Firefox. To do a search on UP after installing this plugin open up firefox and in the upper right hand corner there is a place to make a search with an icon on the left. By default this is Google search so just click the Google icon and choose UrbanPlanet.org from the drop-down list. Type in what you'd like to search for, hit enter, and the results will automatically be displayed inside of that Firefox window without having to visit UrbanPlanet.org and place the search there!

post-1-1141939522_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Many of you know that we fully support Firefox and recommend it as the primary browser for all and to add to our support we are now offering a free UrbanPlanet.org search plugin exclusively for Firefox!

Simply click the "UrbanPlanet.org" link on the following website:

http://mycroft.mozdev.org/download.html?na...bmitform=Search

And when asked to install it say ok! This will install a new search plugin in Firefox. To do a search on UP after installing this plugin open up firefox and in the upper right hand corner there is a place to make a search with an icon on the left. By default this is Google search so just click the Google icon and choose UrbanPlanet.org from the drop-down list. Type in what you'd like to search for, hit enter, and the results will automatically be displayed inside of that Firefox window without having to visit UrbanPlanet.org and place the search there!

Now that I use Firefox at home, I will want to download this. Question, though: will it install just under my account (administrator) or will it show up on secondary Windows user accounts as well? For instance my wife's account... she'd have no use for it, so I'd hate to clutter up her toolbars with something she doesn't need. Just curious, any help would be appreciated!

Now that I use Firefox at home, I will want to download this. Question, though: will it install just under my account (administrator) or will it show up on secondary Windows user accounts as well? For instance my wife's account... she'd have no use for it, so I'd hate to clutter up her toolbars with something she doesn't need. Just curious, any help would be appreciated!

I believe that it will only show up under the account that you installed it under. For example, if your wife wanted to use the plugin she would need to install it under her account as well.

I believe that it will only show up under the account that you installed it under. For example, if your wife wanted to use the plugin she would need to install it under her account as well.

Very cool, thanks Neo.

By the way, I just installed it and it works great!

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived