Condo Developments in Fayetteville

Mith242

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh, I shop there about two to three times a month mainly for odds and ends I need to pick up on the way home, but I also am not living in a $300K 900 sq ft condo off Dickson, THOSE type of people probably wouldn't want to shop there...

• 2 weeks later...

I heard some more talk about condos in south Fayetteville near Baum. Although unfortunately I think more people seemed concerned that there's too many condos already in Fayetteville and not really looking too closely at some of the individual developments.

Arkansas Business mentions a condo development taking place on Chestnut. But it says between Ash and Sycamore. I wasn't aware of Chestnut existing south of Poplar though. Anyway this will be a 5.1 Mil development. Currently it's called Skate Place Condos, but it sounds like that name could be temporary.

Arkansas Business mentions a condo development taking place on Chestnut. But it says between Ash and Sycamore. I wasn't aware of Chestnut existing south of Poplar though. Anyway this will be a 5.1 Mil development. Currently it's called Skate Place Condos, but it sounds like that name could be temporary.

I talked to a friend who also mentioned Chestnut being extended southward. He acted like it's something that's been in the works for a while but it's just now being done. But that would help explain all the utility work I've seen around that area. Although I'm still trying to figure out where the Scull Creek Trail will be going as well. I drove by Poplar the other day and I saw some work on the north side very close to the creek. I think that might be some work on the future trail.

• 4 weeks later...

I am not sure if these are condos or apartments, I think they are apartments but I will go ahead a post this picture of the Southern View complex here anyway. It looks like it is coming along and should be finished by the end of summer I'm guessing. Here is an updated picture.

1050645373_073c784b74_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I drove by a sign on North St saying something about some Ironhorse Condos. Does anyone know if they're building another condo development on North somewhere around the railroad tracks? I also wondered if maybe they were just converting one of those apartment buildings in that area to condos.

I drove by a sign on North St saying something about some Ironhorse Condos. Does anyone know if they're building another condo development on North somewhere around the railroad tracks? I also wondered if maybe they were just converting one of those apartment buildings in that area to condos.

I don't think I've noticed this before but apparently there's a small short road just west of the railroad on North St called Iron Horse Dr. Well actually one map I have is showing it just west of the railroad one is showing it just east. Google Earth has it to the east, but it also shows a road just to the west of it and it looks like there's construction going on. But then again that image on Google Earth probably isn't very new either. But it does seem like there's a few more condos popping up away from the Square and Dickson St. I've been wondering if that condo development on Garland on the side of the hill is still planned. I haven't heard anything about it in quite a while.

Okay guess I should have just kept trying to look around on the internet. Looks like I'm seeing some listings for Iron Horse condos. One even had a pic. Looks like that small group of buildings just east of the railroad and just west of that apartment complex on the corner of North and Gregg.

Okay, so it is just a apartment to condo convert, nothing new?

I have not heard too much about that "gateway Project" on Garland in awhile. I think that Wedington Circle was having some problems the last I heard. (it is the one behind Harps on Wedington). Everything has just completely slowed down around town. Even with the summer season on going. It is going to be a slow and boring winter I would imagion.

The news mentioned this morning that the 4 story Condo project by Baum stadium has either been put on hold or may not happen at all. Not enough presold units was the major reason for the season. I believe it was called the Champions Club Condos if I remember correctly. It seems like there are way too many condo projects being put on hold or cancelled. I guess it is going to be like this until the market picks back up. This is probably the same reason that the Aspen Ridge project has stalled.

The news mentioned this morning that the 4 story Condo project by Baum stadium has either been put on hold or may not happen at all. Not enough presold units was the major reason for the season. I believe it was called the Champions Club Condos if I remember correctly. It seems like there are way too many condo projects being put on hold or cancelled. I guess it is going to be like this until the market picks back up. This is probably the same reason that the Aspen Ridge project has stalled.

Yeah, although I guess it wasn't too likely all these condo developments were going to go forward anyway. Seems like there were just too many of them even when things were looking better. I just keep wondering if some of the bigger ones like The Dickson or St Charles Plaza will ever happen.

The news on St Charles has been good lately but I have heard nothing on The Dickson at all. The last I heard, they were waiting for school to get out so that they could use the parking lot to demo the old building and start construction. So who knows. I just hope the ones on Dickson do get done eventually. We need that dense urban feel down there.

As someone working for the developer of Champions' Club Condominium, this is news to me. We're still going full steam ahead at the moment. To the best of my knowledge, the presales numbers won't be evaluated until after the Auburn game in October since most of the marketing to this point has been focused on the football crowd.

I saw this on channel 40/29 news on Tuesday morning I believe. They showed the picture of the sign that you guys have up and said that it was going to be delayed because of slower than anticipated sales. Who knows how accurate their info is. But I hope the project goes forward and is a huge success.

Yeah it looks like a nice project. I really hope it works out. We need some more positive density and development on that side of town since it has a nice corridor to the university and to the highway. Of course I hope the university does well to keep land that it can so that it can expand and maybe make a research campus or just move its admin operations elsewhere off campus. I loved NC State's research campus in Raleigh. It also had Red Hat's headquarters there. Smart move.

I took some pics of the Aspen Ridge desolation yesterday. I was surprise at how much land it covered, it was just so much vacant land close to campus and downtown. The railroad tracks run right by it and provide some nice elevated views of the downtown "skyline". Anyways I'll try to post them later today.

Archived