Massive Riverfront Project

GRDadof3

Some more on the bottledistriict. It will be 0n 18 acres, will create 1,000 jobs. it will feature a 630 foot glass highrise that will be the city's tallest, the same height as the arch. The district will have700 residential units You can find this info and more under the news and views section of the sight. So will Gr get a new tallest of of this as well?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some more on the bottledistriict. It will be 0n 18 acres, will create 1,000 jobs. it will feature a 630 foot glass highrise that will be the city's tallest, the same height as the arch. The district will have700 residential units You can find this info and more under the news and views section of the sight. So will Gr get a new tallest of of this as well?

Time, as you know, this probably isnt what it is going to be in GR, just my speculation based on the WoodTV report.

Did you notice that whoever posted the original article about the Bottle District in the Midwest forum of UP subtitled it, "This came out of nowhere!" That's how this feels if they announce something in a month.

Wow, all this speculation is fun. I, too, am not getting any work done this week. I can hardly keep up!

Do you think that rumor from earlier this year about a 14 screen theatre going up south of VanAndel might come into play with this?

What about Taubman, the mall developers? They just sold Woodland - taking them out of this market. They always tried to get a higher end dept store into Woodland but were blocked by an old agreement with Hudson's/Marshall Fields/Macys (or whatever it is/was/will be called).

I've noticed they've done a more open air type stuff lately.

Just my thoughts...gotta make this thread even longer! =)

Dangit! I just walked into my living room, flipped on the TV, and caught the last 30 seconds of the WoodTV 8 special about it. Did anyone catch it? What did I miss? The only thing I really caught was Suzanne Geha asked the lady, "Have these investors ever invested previously in West Michigan or Grand Rapids?" and the answer was NO!!!

Did anyone notice the news story listed online beneath the Suzanne Geha segment with Deborah Shurlow:

(Grand Rapids, February 24, 2006, 5:05 pm) The Bush administration is putting a full-court press on alternative fuels and energy this week.

http://video.woodtv.com/index.php?video_id=2410

Maybe Wood TV 8 knows more than we think?

Archived