Massive Riverfront Project

GRDadof3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, a co-worker claims that a friend of his is a GM for some of the local bars around town. Well, his friend said(last week sometime) that they're going to open a new place but he's sworn to secrecy about any details. Apparently this guy was all sauced up at the time...so my co-worker is going to try and open the secret vault :wacko: this weekend!

(I was told about this sometime last week before any announcement was made...)

It's got to be a "bleeding edge" concept, like the path Dad has been going down.

Retail and/or residence may be part of it (again...such as a Tech villiage) but the core has to something bleeding edge.

So my idea of an underground GR may not be it.

Could be something from here: Michigan R & D

The NextEnergy bullet point seems interesting.

My first reaction when Bush said something about being addicted to oil is that the government is about ready to unleash some advanced technology.

Wait...

Anyone remember that big thing back over the summer where this guy down in Florida invented this machine that turned water into fire? I remember it was as simple as combusting the water. The beautiful thing about the flame was it couldn't burn you. It only heated up when it was put up against metal or material that conducted heat well... I remeber also he had the reporter wave his hand in the falme... I was completly startled...

Wait...

Anyone remember that big thing back over the summer where this guy down in Florida invented this machine that turned water into fire? I remember it was as simple as combusting the water. The beautiful thing about the flame was it couldn't burn you. It only heated up when it was put up against metal or material that conducted heat well... I remeber also he had the reporter wave his hand in the falme... I was completly startled...

R, what have you been smokin'??? Can you get me some ;)

With his track record, W has probably been listening to some cold fusion snake oil hucksters trying to make a buck. <snip>

I believe the general consensus here is to try to stay apolitical. It works for this forum and should be encouraged. Otherwise, it's going to melt down to a bunch of conservative vs. liberal tirades like every other blog or forum.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Are you kidding jayblogger. This "mystery" will be lucky if it makes the weekend. Do you realize the bloodhounds on this now.

Man, I keep thinking of some weird s**t:

Why is GR THE MOST VIEWED FORUM on UrbanPlanet with 93,000 views and over 6000 unique visitors, especially since only about 100 - 120 of us are registered? UrbanPlanet comes up in the top 10 on any google search for GR Development.

Why is the city changing all the codes and policies regarding construction and renovation to be "in-line" with Sustainability policies? Why did the city re-up their order for more hybrid busses when they HAVE NO MONEY?

and lastly, and maybe most importantly, why has a stretch of downtown property, and a stretch of farmland in Jamestown Township South of I-196, become THE hottest talked about property in the entire State? So much so that Meijer is planning to open a store at 32nd and Quincy where HARDLY ANYONE LIVES NOW>>>

and lastly, and maybe most importantly, why has a stretch of downtown property, and a stretch of farmland in Jamestown Township South of I-196, become THE hottest talked about property in the entire State? So much so that Meijer is planning to open a store at 32nd and Quincy where HARDLY ANYONE LIVES NOW>>>

DING DING DING. It's heatin' up in here.

I believe the general consensus here is to try to stay apolitical. It works for this forum and should be encouraged. Otherwise, it's going to melt down to a bunch of conservative vs. liberal tirades like every other blog or forum.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

OK... if you'd like it that way, then please don't quote any elected or appointed political officials. <_<

RaisinGran:

Copied from the NextEnergy About Us page:

NextEnergy was founded to advance the Alternative Energy Technology (AET) industry in Michigan. Major technology thrusts include portable power generation, renewable fuels and hydrogen production for use within commercial and military applications.

Michigan must lead a transformation in how vehicles are built and power supplied. Our history in American industrial know-how is well documented. Michigan must build a platform for another major industry to grow out of the old. The economic, human and intellectual resources for this collaborative effort are here and ready to move forward.

I am not suggesting they are part of the deal but it may be along these lines...

Why is the city changing all the codes and policies regarding construction and renovation to be "in-line" with Sustainability policies? Why did the city re-up their order for more hybrid busses when they HAVE NO MONEY?

Dad--I like your thoughts from above...I think you are on the right track.

Archived