Washington Rock State Park Pics (Winter 06)

Jerseyman4

Up we go on Washington Road (CR 529). Passing through the US 22 signal.

Up and up and up we go. This is also the last reference CR 529 marker (first & last reassurance markers) before it sees its premature end route at the top.

Photos from the parking lot looking towards Wash. Rock

It seems everytime i come to the park, its always another governor in office!

Looking to the north to northeast towards Manhattan.

Looking east

These last two pics tell the story about the park.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome pics! I've never been to this park. How long did it take you to get there? Is that the same Washington Ave that is the continuation of Stelton Rd in South Plainfield?

Also, in the "looking east" photo, on the right side, is that the PNC Bank Towers (Exit 9) I see?

Awesome pics! I've never been to this park. How long did it take you to get there? Is that the same Washington Ave that is the continuation of Stelton Rd in South Plainfield?

Also, in the "looking east" photo, on the right side, is that the PNC Bank Towers (Exit 9) I see?

From Highland Park, id say 20-30 minutes depending on traffic.

Stelton Road is part of County Route 529 which also known as Plainfield Ave and Washington Ave so yes.

Yep, those are the PNC towers.

Archived