What's going to happen to the channel 3 studio?

sp1dey

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what will eventually happen to channel 3's studio on constitution plaza when they move? Probably too soon to know, but we can speculate...

I'd love to see UConn step up with a partnership with CPTV and invest heavily in their Communications program. They could air all the regular PBS programming as well as several UConn student produced shows. I'd love to see other UConn sports aired (hockey, soccer, baseball), as well as some CT-centric discussion panel shows. The channel could be picked up Over the Air in HiDef (preferably) as well as around the state through CPTV's existing carriage deals. It's just a pipe dream but it would be cool.

Or maybe one of the other networks step up and decide they'd like to have a Hartford based newsroom in addition to their existing studios.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what will eventually happen to channel 3's studio on constitution plaza when they move? Probably too soon to know, but we can speculate...

I'd love to see UConn step up with a partnership with CPTV and invest heavily in their Communications program. They could air all the regular PBS programming as well as several UConn student produced shows. I'd love to see other UConn sports aired (hockey, soccer, baseball), as well as some CT-centric discussion panel shows. The channel could be picked up Over the Air in HiDef (preferably) as well as around the state through CPTV's existing carriage deals. It's just a pipe dream but it would be cool.

Or maybe one of the other networks step up and decide they'd like to have a Hartford based newsroom in addition to their existing studios.

Sounds good but unlikely since CPTV just opened new studios in the West End. UConn doing something could make sense since they have the new Business annex in the plaza. Now with Ch. 3 plus the old hotel empty, someone will have to step up - I'd love to see UConn take both and put some housing there, but I hear it will cost $15M just to gut the hotel.

Archived