Tri-Cities Photo of the Day

wolverine

I took some highway pictures on the way home at the beginning of June.

2006_0603BriMelWedd_June29_060001.jpg

Check out that awesome cloud line! It wasn't long after this picture was taken that it rained so hard that I almost had to pull over. Ironically, the exact same weekend last year I was going home for a wedding, this exact same spot posed the same problem.

2006_0603BriMelWedd_June29_060005.jpg

Again, the minute we hit the exit ramp, it rained buckets. Poor guy in the jeep. :) lol

2006_0603BriMelWedd_June29_060007.jpg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive always kinda wanted to check out Saginaw, ive never got the chance to really.

wolverine, i like to take highway shots too, i like the view of the zillwaukee from the angle of 75, it makes the bridge look so mighty and big.

Edited by dtown

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the SBC, AT&T or Michigan Bell buildings, or whatever they call them these days, that I have seen throughout Michigan. And it's not just bias because that's where my Dad works. They just seem to have kept them up well and the architecture of most of them is pretty interesting. BTW, the one's I have seen are Detroit and Grand Rapids. The one's I have been in are Flint, Saginaw and Traverse City.

I like Michigan Bell Building's, too. I like most telephone buildings. Not to hijack, but here's Lansing original one (they built a huge Brutalist-styled addition onto the back of it in the 60's):

222291684_09257472c6_o.jpg

Here's the monster addition (180-200 feet tall) they built on to the back of it on Washington Square

222295614_6fecaefd1c_o.jpg

222295615_4782ff9422_o.jpg

Here's Jackson's SBC Building

214537645_0a1b885198_o.jpg

I know Dnast has some of Flint's.