Woodland Lofts (Lexington)

georgeglass

I found this today posted on EOPA.com. They did the design for this project and this must have just been added to the site under work in progress because I check it all the time. I can't find any other information about it right now, like where this will be located. It could be somewhere on Woodland, but I don't where unless it is closer to campus and something is knocked down. I guess time will tell. It looks good though.

woodland_lofts1.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked on mapquest and if you assume the project is on Woodland Avenue and use the number on the building in the picture (499), It would be in between Columbia Ave and Euclid, which is the area bordering UK near the library. A lot of students live here in run down older homes. It looks like if this is right place, something will be coming down. I am confused as to why the rendering has mountains in the background. It looks like Vegas, or Arizona or something. The design firm is based in Lexington and the project is listed for Lexington on their page.

I looked on mapquest and if you assume the project is on Woodland Avenue and use the number on the building in the picture (499), It would be in between Columbia Ave and Euclid, which is the area bordering UK near the library. A lot of students live here in run down older homes. It looks like if this is right place, something will be coming down. I am confused as to why the rendering has mountains in the background. It looks like Vegas, or Arizona or something. The design firm is based in Lexington and the project is listed for Lexington on their page.

Another nice looking project for Lexington, which seems to be doing quite well in racking up low-mid rise structures. Its always good to see forward momentum in a city, esp. one like Lexington.

As for the mountains, I suppose they just used a generic looking background that looked best, figuring that most folks would not even notice. I mean I don't know that I would had you not mentioned it.

• 2 weeks later...

Another nice looking project for Lexington, which seems to be doing quite well in racking up low-mid rise structures. Its always good to see forward momentum in a city, esp. one like Lexington.

As for the montains, I suppose they just used a generic looking background that looked best, figuring that most folks would not even notice. I mean I don't know that I would had you not mentioned it.

I had not noticed this, but I will make a drive-by today and see if I can squeeze out any photos before the rainstorm.

• 1 month later...

I found out where this project will be located. It will be on the corner of Woodland and High street across from Ramsey's. Though I am excited about the project, I am sad that the church that currently sits on the site will come down. The website for the project is www.marklofts.com.

• 1 month later...

Archived