Copley Place

Temeteron

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I happen not to be familiar with any similar malls--upscale and inside a city. Maybe Providence Place compares but I haven't seen enough of it. To be honest, I would most benefit from a Salvation Army or Goodwill where rich people dump their fancy clothes for poor people like me to buy second hand. But to be realistic, the Mandarin Oriental Hotel and Residences will go a long way to reshape the Copley/Prudential area. It is going to fill a gap in the street wall and add some retail on the street. It is an ongoing theme in my mind: Boston is a magical combination of old an new. We have an enclosed modern mall, but there will soon be a better connection to the historic back bay with the new development.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Some new updates.

Bebe, The Walking Company, GNC, EB Games Elle Style, Godiva, 57 Sheffield, Watch World, and Brentano's are all out.

In are: Emporio Armani (relocating from Newbury St.), BCBG, David Yurman, and Salvatore Ferragamo.

This is all from the Boston Herald.

Hopefully the Chili's will be gone soon, though I do admit that I'm guilty of eating there once.

I think that's rather arrogant of the mall to decide they don't want "middle-of-the road" stores in their mall, though I guess they'll make more money off the higher end ones. I've found that a mall survives better if it has a mix of stores instead of being all upscale or all low-end.

I think that's rather arrogant of the mall to decide they don't want "middle-of-the road" stores in their mall, though I guess they'll make more money off the higher end ones. I've found that a mall survives better if it has a mix of stores instead of being all upscale or all low-end.

I'm not sure...the article said Godiva is moving to The Pru, but didn't mention any other relocations. Bebe would be a good tenant at The Pru.

The one place that really sticks out as being out of place at Copley is the Asian wedding dress store. Maybe it is really high-end (never had a reason to go in), or they must have one hell of a lease.

Also, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in any thread but Simon has begun discussion with the city about an expansion of Copley Place.

The expansion would go where the plaza is along Dartmouth St. (across from Back Bay Station). Simon is proposing a 20-30 story condo tower, with additional retail. Most (or perhaps all) of the additional retail would be an expansion of Nieman Marcus.

The Mandarin Oreintal is being added along Boylston, which will include shops. They are also doing some work to the western end of the building. They are probably addind space for shops. There are probably 3 store front with walls up in front of them over that way. They are kind of detached from most of the shops, so it will be interesting to see if anything survives.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Two new stores were announced:

Hugo Boss is opening its second store in Copley. This one will feature men's and women's Orange Label only. Presumably that means the current store will expands its Black label selection in the free space.

Also, Burberry will be opening an "accessories store" which will be one for 5 test stores across the country. It will focus on scarves, hats, but also offer luggage and outerwear....the Newbury store will remain.

• 3 months later...

Archived