Starbucks in Antioch?

J0e

Does anyone know of any developments of a Starbucks along Murfreesboro Rd. in Antioch adjacent to Nashboro Village (across the street from the former Publix)?? Just curious. I pass by all the time and there's a shell that looks similar to the newer Starbucks w/ drive-thrus.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am new to the board , but saw this and thought I would register to post this. You are correct that building is a Starbucks. In that area that has been cleared off on that corner they are building the Starbucks, a 5th 3rd bank and a Ruby Tuesday's. The starbucks will probaly do good there because of the drive by on M'boro Rd. The Ruby Tuesdays should also be ok, but will not knock Razz's out of the #1 place to go in the neighborhood. All in all welcome addtions to the neighbood that could really propel the neigherhood into a better situation. Please also keep in mind up the road across from K-mart ( which seems to be under better management and cleaned up) they have been clearing houses away for a strip maill it seems. I do not have any info on what is going there as of yet. Further down the road toward Bell on M'boro rd it seems that someone is fixing up the old Hardee's. As of yet I have no info on this building, but they are cleaing it up. One thing that did suprise me is that the BP on the corner of Una Antioch has been bought by Mapco and will shortly go over fully to the Mapco brand. Is BP pulling back in Nashville or just in that area?? Dont know.

On the Publix front, the rumors I heard before they left from the store management is they would begin building shortly at some site down by Walmart ( which that area seems to have alot of potential to start taking off). As far as the old building for Publix, they still rent it until sometime in 2007 so Publix Real Estate team has been showing off the building to sub lease. My undestanding from people around is that offices are being considered for this site (5500 sq ft) Certianly have to sub divide I guess. BY the way H and T's home cooking in that shopping center is well worth the stop. Across the Street MT Zion Church has really done a good job with dressing up the area. They are actually starting to fill up some of

the shops there.

continued. Further up Mboro Rd there is a nice Florist I would put against any in town and there is some warehouse\utlity building a little further down towards the airport that seems to be being worked on like a business is going to be put there. Both these area on the right side coming into town ? On the left side there is that big gulch that I have no idea on what could or would go there. But I throughly convinced that Old Hickory Credit Union will not be built by the Phillips 66 up there until after the Second Coming

Lastly keep in mind the Flea market in the old Woolworths building\ haunted house is cleared and rumors have it that it will be torn down to make way for something, The cooker has been turned into a good sports bar\ food place and there seems to be a killer brand new quality inn up by Murf Rd and i-24. Wonder if Gaylord made them build it, because it was common knowledge when I worked close to there a few yrs ago that Gaylord used that hotel below it to house all the workers they bussed in from parts unknown. Other than that I can not figure a logical reason for that hotel there

In conclusion while Hickory Hollow is dying and antioch has some negative things about it Murf rd in the Nasboro Village area does show some signs of life.

That's too bad about the Hickory Hollow area... I used to love hanging out around that area in the early 90s. Texana, Loco Lupes, several decent restaraunts, long gone. The mall seemed to be doing exceptionally well around that time, somewhat better store selection than Bellevue Mall at the time.

Lastly keep in mind the Flea market in the old Woolworths building\ haunted house is cleared and rumors have it that it will be torn down to make way for something,

You mean the old Zayre's, don't you ? I still miss the old place, it was like a cross between Target (before Target arrived), K-Mart, and Service Merchandise, back in the late '70s/early '80s.

You mean the old Zayre's, don't you ? I still miss the old place, it was like a cross between Target (before Target arrived), K-Mart, and Service Merchandise, back in the late '70s/early '80s.

I stand corrected you are right , it was the old zayre's building, its been so long some of the old stores like that seem to blend together. One of the reasons I posted so much about the area is that while other threads brink up valid points about problems in Antioch, there are still some hopeful signs going along Murf Rd.

Welcome to the board harry and JOe. Two more new members. Glad to see they are opening a Ruby Tuesday down there. Razz's is a great place but its been a while since I was there. Looks as if we are getting a good coverage of Nashville now. Tell your friends about the site and we will be able to build more excitement over the changes taking place in Nashvegas.

Welcome to the forum Harry and Joe!!! Glad to have both you aboard and look forward to seeing what you have to say on the forum!!!

Really great to see all these new members coming on board and posting. Which is indicative IMO of how all you make the Tennessee forum the outstanding place it is, you all are the ones who make this "the place" for Tennessee urban discussion via you work and participation. I really can't tell you all how much I appreciate the great place each and everyone of you guys make this forum. Thanks!!!!

Okay I'll stop being all sappy now. :D

Archived