Ann Arbor Meetup?

wolverine

It seems like there are some forumers that can't make it to the Detroit meetups because of distance reasons or because of other inconveniences. I was wondering if any of you thought this would be a great idea to have one in Ann Arbor because there is a ton to do.

There is also alot of great places to take pictures. There's a lot of historic architecture and a collection of buildings of what Albert Kahn called "his greatest work." We could have a great dinner at any of the restaurants downtown or go to any events if anything is going on. It's up to you guys.

Anyone interested?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Fridays or Saturdays would probably work best for me, though I could do something on a Wednesday afternoon if need be. Sundays typically don't work all that well, since I have breakfast in Detroit in the morning, and then do all the work I've procrastinated on after that.

Oh yah. That would be fun. I've never really explored Ann Arbor except the university and the two main streets.

I have a really really really messed up semester currently and so I can only commit at spur of the moment I'm afraid. If anything formulates, I'll try to keep myself posted. An afternoon away from the books might be just what I need on a particular day. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Jsut keep in mind nearly the entire university will be moving out, so parking might be a bit difficult. The downtown ramps shouldn't be filled though. I'm sure we'll work things out. The best would be for you guys to park right in front of Couzens Hall where it's cheap. There's free parking on the side of the building because the meters haven't been installed yet, just poles.

I just realized that I have a Preservation Wayne meeting next Saturday at 12:00, so the earliest I could join you folks is probably 3:30 or so....

I definitely can't come in the morning, since I have another very important meeting that pertains to a conference in Washington D.C. that I am being required to attend.