Multiple Quotes in Replies

dpbaker

So, is it possible to quote more than one person within a single reply in a given thread? I see you can highlight the "quote" button in more than one person's posts, but I can't get more than one quote to appear in the reply. Am I just missing the obvious? :blush:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, you should be able to do that with no problems. Just make sure you only quote a few people. Make sure that the quite button appears red on each post that you want to quote. Try it once more, and if it doesn't work, let us know here and we will work through the problem with you.

• 1 month later...

What is the max # of quotes you can put in one reply?

Also... is there any way to quote things from topics other than the one you are writing the reply?

You can use the "Quote" button and then add a reply to any other thread and your quoted post will show up in your reply. The quote # is 3.

How do you get the poster and time of the post in the quote box. I've never been able to do that.

When you click the "REPLY" button directly below someone's post or click the "QUOTE" button then the "ADD REPLY" button it brings that persons post into your reply box surrounded by "QUOTE" coding.

This code at the begining of the quote is what displays the date, time, name of the member you are quoting, and a link that will jump you back to their post. If you delete that code when deleting the part of their post you don't want to quote, it removes that information. If you simply copy someone's text, then put it between generic "QUOTE" tags, you just get a quote box with no other information.
something someone said

something someone said

Archived