Bachelor good for Nashville

it's just dave

As silly as this show can be, I tend to watch it anyway (oh well, what can I say). Dr. Travis Stork, the Bachelor, Vanderbilt ER doctor, puts Nashville in a great light as we saw last night with the name "Nashville" mentioned countless times on this hit ABC show. The fact that Sarah Stone, also from Nashville, was used as narrator for multiple segments is good for us too. Both are doing the city proud. Little things like this mean a whole lot.

Also, "Emily's Reasons Why Not", premiering in the 8 o'clock slot, was written by a Nashville author. The world will soon catch on that we have a city full of accomplished citizens in many, many fields. Things like this are priceless for us and will ultimately help Nashville's reputation grow.

And, if Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman, build their big ol' house like it's rumored...omg, omg, omg. Ha, lol, etc.

Reese Witherspoon is another who certainly helps Nashville out. Just wait till the G Globes and Oscars. Then, of course, there's Jamie Denton, Mike on Desperate Housewives...he spent lots of time hanging in Goodlettesville over the holidays.

Celebrities abound. Country Music? Certainly not always.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say, I was excited to see that not only was the Bachelor from Nashville, but also a bachelorette. They also seemed to be very proud of their city too.

BTW, I didn't stay around for the elimination. I'll take it that the Nashville girl wasn't eliminated, though, right?

And don't forget Carrie Underwood, who lives somewhere around Nashville in the Franklin/Brentwood area, I believe.

Nashville sure does get a lot of attention for a city of its size.

You should read Reese Witherspoon's article in Reader's Digest a couple months ago. She talks about Nashville quite a bit.

LOL what? Barry Gibb is buying the Johnny Cash estate? That's kind of sad. I spent several fun and exciting days there with Johnny & my friend back when I was younger, seeing all his animals and stuff.

Anyway, speaking of exposure, the other night on the SAG (Screen Actors Guild) Awards, Memphis got a hell of alot of good exposure! Terrance Howard and Memphis Rapper Al Capone won for best song in a movie for Hustle & Flow and they both basically sounded like they worked for the Memphis tourist bureau talking about Memphis BBQ and music history and saying that they all should come on down...then Reese Witherspoon, who won for best female actor started repeating what they said about Memphis. it was interesting. I've never seen a city get so much attention on an awards show before.

Still good to see Nashville getting mentioned on the Bachelor. I was flipping between that and the Golden Globes last night and the hometown was all over the place. I even saw a flash of Nashville scenes, including a blip of the skyline.

And of course, congratulations to hometown girl Reese Whitherspoon on Best Actress last night. Even her acceptance speech alluded to how good we have it here at home.

Dr. Travis Stork-Nashville boy in Paris

Bach1.jpg

Reese Whitherspoon

WalkLinePost.jpg

I had read something somewhere that Reese had a lot to do with the filming of Walk the Line in Tennessee.

I saw it back in November and loved it. It was a deep morality play, and entertaining at the same time. You just don't see that much from Hollywood these days.

Archived