Uptown Charlotte Project Rundown

dubone

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realized today that the "massing" inside the CBD really is becoming more noticeable. Walk up 5th street towards IJL, and you can see Avenue looming up behind it. Then walk over to the fountains beside the BofA corporate, look north, and Trademark fills out the left side of Trade a bit more.

"We're losing more sky". :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Looks like a big Uptown project could be Dougie's Next Big Thing tomorrow.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/15724554.htm

Sounds like this could be details on the Marshall Park redevelopment or another large 2nd Ward project I've heard rumblings about and NOT Levine's announcement of his 342 revision to his land.

Yeah, no doubt it is the 2nd Ward projects. My guess is that other developers have signed on for nearby parcels in addition to the Marshall Park block that would go to Spectrum if the land swap goes through.

If this does turn out to be 2nd Ward, let's discuss it here:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12387

• 3 weeks later...

I added NVQ's comments here, to address a couple of them.

Here is more about Uptown Charlotte, so I don't get slammed as being one sided on The Park Condos.. It may already be known, but just some news they mat create some buzz. ... (I do not own any stock in these companies nor have a hand in them, just think Charlotte is everything I have been telling everyone!)

* Ritz project getting bigger. Maybe like other Ritz Carlton's, they may add the Residences? Just like Boston!

* Portman Holdings finalizing its financing for mixed use residential/commercial/office behind Westin hotel on top of the parking deck. Not just talk anymore and they may not wait for a tenant???

* Old Adams Mark site about ready to show its future development besides The Blake Hotel conversion

* NASCAR office building Land option will be signed on Nov. 27th! 440,000 SF of office & meeting space

* The Big Mr. T is buzzing for a site in Charlotte. Like he has time with 20 other projects. But they seem to think Charlotte is just starting to get hot???? And Charlotte is ready for something higher end than just putting on the ritz?

* Just on the other side of the tracks (Belk Fwy), a buzz is happening about a high end project like south charlotte has... Maybe a Phillips Place lite but verticle with a hotel and shops? A South Tryon address is getting to be more high end, brand new and not just in the loop anymore. Makes in the loop S. tryon a covented address from 230 S.Tryon south to Belk loop... Sorry North Tryon guys, but I am out of Grey Poupon, have any mustard. Its not 615 Morehead!

* Ruth Chris opening up mid January at 230 S. Tryon with 3 nights of grand openings.. Cant fit everyone in on one night. They have a lot at stake with its 2nd opening in Uptown Charlotte. Make mine Medium!

* Marriott Hotel at Trade & Tryon just contracted. Seller expects to close in March 2007... Hmmm. overpaid and numbers dont work. Just my 2 cents, so expect it back on the market in April.

* BB&T building just contracted. The entire building and parking structure.

Enough for now.. Just public knowledge.... Is Charlotte on fire or what?

Archived