I-595

jpl02

I-595's broke, can they fix it?

Drivers who use Interstate 595 will have the chance to voice their opinions on improvements being considered by the state.

Article link

There is also a website dedicated to the I-595 study, which can be found here http://www.i-595.com

What do you guys think? The braided ramps are definitely something that's needed. It's also interesting to see that flyovers are considered for Pine Island and Hiatus Road.....but not Flamingo Road. Flamingo has much higher traffic volumes than the other two, and Hiatus is not a through route.

I'd like to see some improvements made to the University Drive interchange. University Drive is an utter nightmare from Griffin Road all the way up to I-595.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not That broke. I've driven on it in rush hour and it does even begin to compare with the traffic on the 836 or 826 expressways in Miami or I-95.

You may be right. But in terms of traffic counts and the number of lanes, I-595 ain't far from being like the Palmetto. For example, in 2004 (current counts likely to be a bit higher), I-595 had an AADT (average annual daily traffc) of 184,557. It has 6 lanes, and 8 if you count the auxiliary (exit and entrance ramp) lanes.

Meanwhile, the Palmetto at 58th Street has an AADT of 181,000. It has 8 lanes throughout with no auxiliary lanes. So as you can see, I-595 is not far from being like the Palmetto.

Archived