Richmond in Pictures II

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to do that, a few on this batch were from a moving car, and so were the ones on the bridge, simply cause there wasnt much room to stop on it. but the others were from walking. As the nicer weather moves in this spring, Ill be taking more, and all from walking. But this morning when I went it looked as if it were going to rain, and I didnt wanna get caught somewhere downtown in the rain. Plus I have a convertible, so for some of these pictures the top's down.

I used to do that, a few on this batch were from a moving car, and so were the ones on the bridge, simply cause there wasnt much room to stop on it. but the others were from walking. As the nicer weather moves in this spring, Ill be taking more, and all from walking. But this morning when I went it looked as if it were going to rain, and I didnt wanna get caught somewhere downtown in the rain. Plus I have a convertible, so for some of these pictures the top's down.

TB! :whistling:

Tommy you never run into me.

I did Shockoe Bottom today between MSS and 21st Streets, Dock and Main. If I am able I will do Franklin Grace and Broad between MSS and 21st tomorrow. I started out late though today. But was done with more than enough sunlight... and what happens at 9999? The cam won't let me take another pic until I reset the counter. So I'm at 0098 now. Let's see how long it'll take to get back to 9999!

And rub it in with that convertable!

I take a lot of pics with the car moving. The pic of Dick's in Short Pump was a hope for the best pic driving by. Then the other day I took some while on I95 of the 895 bridge.

I did Shockoe Bottom today between MSS and 21st Streets, Dock and Main. If I am able I will do Franklin Grace and Broad between MSS and 21st tomorrow. I started out late though today. But was done with more than enough sunlight... and what happens at 9999? The cam won't let me take another pic until I reset the counter. So I'm at 0098 now. Let's see how long it'll take to get back to 9999!

I take a lot of pics with the car moving. The pic of Dick's in Short Pump was a hope for the best pic driving by. Then the other day I took some while on I95 of the 895 bridge.

What size memory card? I just upgraded to a 2GB from 256MB

I'll upgrade when I get a new camera. I have a 128MB and a 16MB card. If I had 2GB... come on I'd do 1000+ pics in an outing!

I agree with you. I did some research, and this is the same card my next camera will use. I got a deal only $89? or so.

If one time I do see you downtown, Ill take you for a ride in it :thumbsup:

Tommy get out of my head!

DSCF0099a.jpg

From da hood

DSCF0100.jpg

DSCF0101.jpg

DSCF0102.jpg

Laburnam east of Carolina Ave.

DSCF0105.jpg

Laburnam/Meadowbridge/Richmond-Henrico Tnpk

DSCF0108.jpg

Laburnam and Chamberlayne

DSCF0109.jpg

Brook and Lombardy

DSCF0110.jpg

Belvidere and Canal/Cumberland

DSCF0113.jpg

DSCF0114.jpg

Let it rain! And the sun hadn't set. Spring and 2nd

DSCF0115.jpg

Cary and 3rd

Sorry for the blurriness... it got really dark and I didn't have the flash on, or was steady. The rain drops obviously reflected the flash... but the two pics before it without came out terribly blurry, but lighter! The clouds were black behind downtown.

Thanks, I've been wanting to do that. 300x50 as set by the rules... although... I have to squint! It's my favorite view of the city... and I need more shots from Tree Hill Farm on a nice clear day in the morning, not dawn like this one. But I need permission so I won't get shot!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Screw the Grace St pics... I just put them here and wrote commentaries on each one and I accidently pressed back on the wrong screen and LOST everything!!!!!

:cry:

Ok, I had reposted and when I did UP was down... AGAIN!

Then in the middle of uploading the pics, I went through two power surges and then it looked like the power would go out. And so far today the power's gone out twice since near 6AM this morning... so I'll make this quick before MORE problems come up. I copied the post and I'll paste it as it is.

Now I'm posting more pics than allowed...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to go to bed at 2...

I guess I'll try again...

I have all of Grace downtown, but I'm going to start from Adams St. eastward. I'll point out which buildings are "graceful" and ugly. Not all of them are attractive in any kind of eye. I skipped some parking lots and a deck, but I do have them.

From April 16, 2005.

DSCF4058.jpg

Ugly

DSCF4059.jpg

Ugly

DSCF4060.jpg

Interesting

DSCF4061.jpg

The storefront is ugly but the house is beautiful

DSCF4062.jpg

Ugly

DSCF4086.jpg

Beautiful

DSCF4087.jpg

Interesting

DSCF4090.jpg

Ugly

DSCF4095.jpg

Wowzah! (sarcasm)

DSCF4094.jpg

Nice

DSCF4096.jpg

Beautiful

DSCF4104.jpg

Beautiful

DSCF4121.jpg

Beautiful... I used to see Dr. Murrell here.

DSCF4124.jpg

Beautiful

DSCF4126.jpg

DSCF4128.jpg

Needs improvement but work

DSCF4129.jpg

Nice, needs some attention

DSCF4130.jpg

Ugly! Maybe it's Art Deco beneath?

DSCF4131.jpg

Needs attention

DSCF4132.jpg

Beautiful

DSCF4136.jpg

Nice new architecture

DSCF4137.jpg

Screams 60s!

DSCF4162.jpg

Update me!

DSCF4163.jpg

Me too!

DSCF4164.jpg

Needs a bath.

DSCF4167.jpg

Interesting

DSCF4169.jpg

UUUUUGLY storefonts on visually interesting Queen Anne houses.

DSCF4178.jpg

Cramped and out of place... but good food.. they need a new building

DSCF4192.jpg

No comment

DSCF4188.jpg

DSCF4199.jpg

Whoever ruined this building needs to be hanged! Look at that Mansard roof! I wonder what's underneath that awful facelift.

DSCF4200.jpg

UUUUGLY!

DSCF4202.jpg

Needs a shower and attention

DSCF4203.jpg

Was this a theater? It needs attention.

DSCF4204.jpg

Nice accents but needs attention too

DSCF4206.jpg

Ugly

DSCF4207.jpg

The best in the block

DSCF4209.jpg

Uneventful

DSCF4216.jpg

The Franklin St side is better and I miss that building with the cornice at 3rd and Grace they demolished in 1999.

DSCF4210.jpg

DSCF4225.jpg

Has a beautiful face and ugly behind... although it's red now, it doesn't help!

DSCF4231.jpg

Beautiful

DSCF4232.jpg

DSCF4291.jpg

The following were taken February 6, 2005.

DSCF2480.jpg

DSCF2484.jpg

DSCF2485.jpg

Needs better attention and modernization

DSCF2486.jpg

Visually interesting

DSCF2487.jpg

Need attention

DSCF2490.jpg

Needs renovation and an identity

DSCF2493.jpg

Interesting

DSCF2494.jpg

Nice

DSCF2495.jpg

Has a nice crown

DSCF2491.jpg

Nice house

DSCF2492.jpg

The following were taken November 11, 2004... I have better of this block but I can't find them. They're in the unlabled group.

DSCF1848.jpg

We need a bookstore!

DSCF1850.jpg

DSCF1849.jpg

DSCF1852.jpg

DSCF1853.jpg

This block has interesting architecture, I'm sorry I could only dig out the bad ones. I know I have a set where I took several of Berry Burk and the others in the block. It was cold and there were homeless bundled in the doorways.

So there... got through with it in a half hour!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had posted this as several posts... ???

Archived