Shreveport/Bossier City Development

NCB

Oh man, no doubt. When I saw that original site plan (did you post that, or did I see it somewhere else??) I could tell right away that the development accompanying Whole Foods was going to be very nice. It reminds me SO much of the Classen Curve development in Oklahoma City. Aubrey McClendon, co-founder and recently ousted CEO of Chesapeake Energy Corporation, developed the very nice, high-end Classen Curve development right across the street from the huge and gorgeous Chesapeake Energy corporate campus. Not long before he was ousted from the company by the Board of Directors over his extreme spending, he lured Whole Foods to the Classen Curve development, and let me tell you, it's a very nice store. Classen Curve was high-end before Whole Foods, but Whole Foods really added to it. Yes, our case is different, but that E.70th @ Fern area is actually much nicer than the rest of that part of town. That part of town is packed with national chain eateries and retailers, but over near Fern most of the businesses are more local and very easy on the eye. Even the Designer's Showcase across the street from the future site of Whole Foods recently changed their exterior color scheme, and they look like an entirely new business now.

I'm looking forward to the transformation of that area. Also, down Fern, toward Bert Kouns, a rather large apartment is under construction. It's called The Boulders AT Fern or The Boulders ON Fern or something like that. Not really sure about that... lol... I don't know of any boulders in the Fern area!

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the, man, that came out of nowhere, department... Toby Keith's I Love this Bar and Grill is coming to Pierre Bossier...

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20140120/NEWS05/301210005/Toby-Keith-restaurant-open-Pierre-Bossier-Mall

About. Damn. Time. I wonder how they pulled it off when the Boardwalk couldn't even pull it off, and in my opinion, the Boardwalk is a much better location being down in the touristy area of town.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New CIC tenant...

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20140218/NEWS05/140218014/Computer-Sciences-Corporation-bring-800-jobs-Bossier-City?odyssey=mod%7Cbreaking%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

The more I read about this endeavor, the more excited I get. This has the potential to be a game-changer...

Edited by Metlife

• 4 weeks later...

In the, man, that came out of nowhere, department... Toby Keith's I Love this Bar and Grill is coming to Pierre Bossier...

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20140120/NEWS05/301210005/Toby-Keith-restaurant-open-Pierre-Bossier-Mall

FYI this has been under construction for a while now, between Ichiban and David's Bridal. Just thought I'd post an update on it.

Also, someone I know who lives in the Blanchard area was telling me recently that not only are they getting a new Wal-Mart out there at I-49/Hwy 1, but a Home Depot as well. I don't put much stock in rumors, but it's something to think about. That would be the 4th Home Depot that I know of in the area: (1) I-49 @ Bert Kouns, (2) Pines @ W. 70th, (3) Airline @ I-220, and (4) I-49 @ Hwy 1 - IF the rumor pans out.

I was reading an article that mentioned that we've had FOUR major shopping center announcements just during the winter season this year. Some years, we can go all year without ONE such announcement. This tells me we've finally hit on the radar of a lot of companies, and for whatever reason it seems most of the developers planning these centers are from Houston. But it really seems like once we snagged Whole Foods, this put us on a whole new level.

But in addition to shopping centers, the announcement of Computer Sciences Corporation choosing Bossier's National Cyber Research Park was all kinds of major for this area. Like you said, Metlife: "game changer"! No doubt. If it comes about as it was announced, it will no doubt be a game changer.

• Like 2

Whole Foods/Fern Marketplace development should begin soon now that the land needed for the Whole Foods store has been purchased.

Fern Marketplace development set to begin
Whole_Foods_Market_logo-543x250.png

Posted by David Specht on 02 Apr 2014 / 0 Comment

Sealy Real Estate Services, a leading Shreveport based commercial real estate firm, announced Tuesday the successful closing on the sale of 8.623 acres of land for over $2.19 million to RK Commercial Properties of Houston, Texas, project developers for Whole Foods Market.

Site preparations of the future Fern Marketplace anchored by Whole Foods are slated to begin.

The 8.623-acre site is located within Alexandrine place, near the northeast corner of 70th and Fern Avenue.

Previously, there have been multiple offers for the same parcel of land; however the land owners sought a developer with a successful track record who represented a quality end user.

“As a premier location in the Shreveport Market, Alexandrine Place is perfect location for the planned development and location for Whole Foods.” said JoAnn Wheless of Sealy Real Estate Services, who was instrumental in negotiating the sale of the property. “Our market knowledge and commercial real estate sales experience helped ensure a favorable outcome and long-term viability for all parties involved.”

The RK development project, the future Fern Marketplace, includes a shopping center anchored by Whole Foods. RK plans construction of a 36,000± square foot Whole Foods facility, its first in North Louisiana, as well as additional 32,000 square feet of retail space available for lease.

Located on East 70th Street in Shreveport, Alexandrine Place is a mixed use development. Since September 1997, JoAnn has been the representing broker for Alexandrine Place. Beginning with 130 acres of vacant and available land, she has guided the process through master development planning, zoning, contract negotiations, and closings. JoAnn believes Whole Foods will be the catalyst for the development of the remaining acreage in Alexandrine Place.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wondering what they were building right there. It's a bit of an odd location for a chain restaurant, considering all the other chains are a bit further down Youree, but I'm sure it'll work out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New CIC tenant...

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20140218/NEWS05/140218014/Computer-Sciences-Corporation-bring-800-jobs-Bossier-City?odyssey=mod%7Cbreaking%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

The more I read about this endeavor, the more excited I get. This has the potential to be a game-changer...

I like how there was so much more fanfare for a similar, yet smaller, proposal announced for Lafayette recently. No one comes to this forum anymore... might as well board it up.

I like how there was so much more fanfare for a similar, yet smaller, proposal announced for Lafayette recently. No one comes to this forum anymore... might as well board it up.

I would guess that many of us are not familiar with Shreveport. Remember that a lot of the members in the LA forums live in Baton Rouge, Lafayette, and NOLA. The reporting and conversation is going to be greater for those cities because it impacts more of the people here. It's nothing against Shreveport, it's simply the location of members.