Columbiana Centre

Temeteron

^The two often overlap greatly, though.

At any rate, as long as no one is causing any trouble, there should be no problems. It doesn't matter what someone's race or economic status is, that shouldn't serve as a reason why he/she cannot shop at a mall like anyone else of a different race or economic status. We let perception get the best of us way too many times.

Dutch Square mall does pretty good for itself...It's always full and probably has twice as much people browsing in it than Richland Mall has all together somedays :)...It's small, but it serves its purpose IMO...I think Columbiana and Columbia Mall are fine shopping centers too...VAS is just too far away for me too even comment on.

Dutch Square mall does pretty good for itself...It's always full and probably has twice as much people browsing in it than Richland Mall has all together somedays :)...It's small, but it serves its purpose IMO...I think Columbiana and Columbia Mall are fine shopping centers too...VAS is just too far away for me too even comment on.

Richland Mall won't be called Richland Mall too much longer. It will be called Midtown of Forest Acres. I know I've got the Midtown part right. It won't look like a mall and it won't be a mall. It will be downtown Forest Acres. You won't even see the parking lot from Forest Drive. It will have businesses fronting Forest and condos on top. The developers are tried and true and mean business. I live only a mile from there, in Columbia, not in Forest Acres.

Is there anyone that lives in NE Columbia (im off Clemson Rd) besides me on here? Sheesh all you Westies and Lexington folks geez lol

Are people who are less fortunate supposed to avoid malls and other areas where middle and upper income people gather?

If you're not understanding what I'm saying, Columbia Place (Columbia Mall) went through a time period where it was plaqued by crime in the late 80s. Prior to that Columbia Place never acknowledged until 2004 that they had a problem with gangs. By then many of the retailers had left because of this. Since then they've restored the family environment. Of course all malls have mishaps, but it's much better than it was.

I'm saying that Columbiana along with Columbia Police are not acknowledging the lower income people that live in the area and the recent increase in crime. Want an example of the crime in the area. Take a look at the Middle Eastern third world country looking school right near it.

The media tends to only report on things that have been in the spotlight prior. We barely heard about a shooting at Dutch Square. But God if someone accidentally walks into Columbia Place and a box cutter falls out of their pants pocket, the story will make the top story. Columbia Place Unsafe due to a customer who had intended on cutting someone.

How does Dutch Square survive? It seems like a second-tier mall that has some mid-priced (or lower) stores in it- maybe 1/2 the size and not as nice as McAlister Square, which got killed by Haywood Mall. Why hasn't Columbiana killed Dutch Square?

Dutch Square probably won't be going anywhere. It's a great central location with good stores. Unlike Richland Mall, which is surrounded by rich old money, Dutch Square is surrounded by apartment complexes and homes of mostly middle class. These people are I bet, at least 60-70% of mall shoppers.

At least you in Columbia still have a Parisian- Greenville did not even support that; people were so set in their ways and continued to shop at ratty Haywood Mall rather than going to Greenville Mall and its higher-end stores that G'ville Mall went under.

Here are some photos of "ratty" Haywood under remodel. I guess companies like Williams-Sonoma, Godiva, Pottery Barn, Guess, Brookstone, Aveda, J.Crew, Ann Taylor, Coldwater Creek, Hollister, GAP, Banana Republic, Coach, Panera, Eddie Bauer, Johnston & Murphy, Build-A-Bear, St. John Knits at Belk, Kate Spade, Stilla, MAC, Nars, Benefit must like to locate in "ratty" malls. :P

CIMG4168.jpg

CIMG4163.jpg

CIMG4169.jpg

Here are some photos of "ratty" Haywood under remodel. I guess companies like Williams-Sonoma, Godiva, Pottery Barn, Guess, Brookstone, Aveda, J.Crew, Ann Taylor, Coldwater Creek, Hollister, GAP, Banana Republic, Coach, Panera, Eddie Bauer, Johnston & Murphy, Build-A-Bear, St. John Knits at Belk, Kate Spade, Stilla, MAC, Nars, Benefit must like to locate in "ratty" malls. :P

This is now, when Greenville Mall is no more; in the late '90s, right after G'ville Mall re-opened, it was much nicer than Haywood was: Parisian, Williams-Sonoma, high-end restaurants, Harold's, etc. and preppy shoppers at G'ville Mall vs. Belk's, Lane Bryant, Lerner Shops, ratty teenagers, etc. at Haywood.

Haywood wasn't much nicer than McAlister Square then.

At least having a nicer Haywood now sort of helps ease the loss of Greenville Mall.

If Ruby Tuesday wasn't outside the mall already, that would have been a great location. Haywood Mall seems to be having some success with their Ruby Tuesday.

Whatever they replace it with, I hope it's a national chain or at least a recongnizable regional chain.