Hottest small SE city for development, 2005

krazeeboi

Which of these smaller SE cities is the hottest for development right now?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which will it be?

• Asheville
    • Augusta
    • Baton Rouge
    • Charleston
    • Chattanooga
    • Columbia
    • Greensboro
    • Greenville
    • Huntsville
    • Knoxville
    • Little Rock
    • Mobile
    • Tallahassee
    • Winston-Salem
    • Other

• 1 month later...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... like I said earlier, hospital growth is one of the key aspects in showing the growth of a city. Chas has the most hospital growth in the entire state! ...

You'd obviously be very surprised by the medical facilities construction in the Greenville area.

Greenville Hospital System is in the midst of building hundreds of thousands of additional square footage at both its Main campus and the Patewood campus. They are also about to begin construction on an entirely new campus with hundreds of thousands of square feet in Greer (eastern Greenville County). Also currently in the midst of a large expansion is their Hillcrest campus in Simpsonville. I have heard that their North Greenville campus will see expansion in the near future as well. I have also heard serious rumors that GHS just bought a large piece of property in the Powdersville suburb (just west of Greenville) for another campus.

St. Francis Health recently finished a large addition to their downtown hospital, and are currently building a large addition to their Patewood hospital. They just bought around 80 acres in the Millennium Campus for another major facility to be announced very soon.

Palmetto Health recently expanded their hospital in Easley, and has also bought a large piece of property in Powdersville.

Spartanburg Regional is building a new nice health and lifestyle campus in the Greer/Pelham area (southeast of Greenville), just south of I-85.

Pretty much every medical facility in Greenville is experiencing immense amounts of growth. I agree with you that this is an obvious sign of a city's growth, and that's why I think it is clear that ALL of SC's major cities are growing at a very fast pace. It would be hard to distinguish one from another in terms of our outlook, because all three have great plans in place to add thousands more homes and residents to each city. Instead of bickering over who will "outgrow" the others, we need to support one another and help the rest of the state get back on its feet after losing so many jobs and businesses these past few years. :thumbsup:

I can't knock Charleston because it is definitely growing rapidly, and the same goes for Columbia. I sincerely hope everyone living in other parts of the state would recognize that Greenville and the other major cities of the Upstate are growing at an equal rate. This is indeed a great era to be living in SC's major cities! We are enviably positioned where we can shape a bright future for the whole state. :thumbsup: Isn't that awesome?

Archived