Round about plaza success

smeagolsfree

Article from the Tennessean today talking about the success of the Round about plaza area. An interesting note in the article is that Adelicia has 200 people on the waiting list. Looks as if there is a very high demand for condos in this area which bodes well for the Icon and the as yet unnamed condo at Division and 12th.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...2/1197/COUNTY01

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Article from the Tennessean today talking about the success of the Round about plaza area. An interesting note in the article is that Adelicia has 200 people on the waiting list. Looks as if there is a very high demand for condos in this area which bodes well for the Icon and the as yet unnamed condo at Division and 12th.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...2/1197/COUNTY01

Wow that really is great! 200 people already....its about time something else got announced eh?

While I like the Adelica design alot, I would truly like to see something starkly modern, say with silvery glass and great lines. I need to figure out how to post photos because on my last trip to Montreal a friend and I saw a building which would look awesome in Nashville.

While I like the Adelica design alot, I would truly like to see something starkly modern, say with silvery glass and great lines.

Memphian, I absolutely agree with you. Although the current design is a big improvement from the original, I would love to Nashville put up some clean modern buildings. I'm waiting optimistically for the 12th & Division building... let's see.

The Roundabout Plaza area is much different than when I was a "youngun". LOL I miss some of the gaudy touristy attractions/shops of what used to be in the area, but really this is a much more positive and productive development for the city. The time for gaudy tourist attractions has passed I suppose. Time and progress move on.

All of the West End of town just seems to be overflowing with redevelopment and positive news.

Memphian, I absolutely agree with you. Although the current design is a big improvement from the original, I would love to Nashville put up some clean modern buildings. I'm waiting optimistically for the 12th & Division building... let's see.

I would assume that a design (possible new name as well?) will be announced for the 12 & Division Condo very soon since they plan to break groung very early next year. Does anyone have any news as to when that might be. I'm anxiously waiting to see the design.

Note: I could say exactly the same thing about the Encore I Tower next the the new Symphony Hall.

The Roundabout Plaza area is much different than when I was a "youngun". LOL I miss some of the gaudy touristy attractions/shops of what used to be in the area, but really this is a much more positive and productive development for the city. The time for gaudy tourist attractions has passed I suppose. Time and progress move on.

All of the West End of town just seems to be overflowing with redevelopment and positive news.

Problem is, twenty years from now gaudy/touristy will be back in style and some developer will try to ressurect the old Nashville, but it will be fake, and everyone will lament the good old days of authentic gaudy/touristy stuff. :)

I do wish we would have another 30+ story office tower downtown and not just residential. Too bad Nashville City Center 2 at 40 stories and 596 feet is dead and has been for awhile. I am not sure what we can do to get companies back downtown and out of the suburbs, but places like Maryland Farms, Cool Springs, and Metro Center have all but shut down the downtown office building market.

Archived