A rainy night in Hartford and a question

beerbeer

Thought folks might enjoy this unusual image from a recent evening.

53406326_e24c0bb558.jpg

I also have a question. A while back there was a post about twin 20 story luxury condos that were going to be proposed for Main Street. Then came slightly before the annoucement of the Plaza Major development for the Park Street gateway. Could these projects, in fact, be the same? The Courant reported that the revised Plaza Major, will have two 20 story condo towers.. It seems unlikely that these two projects --that are almost exactly the same -- both on Main Street --are two sepparate projects. Is my guess correct?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had posted that I heard from a source in city government that a developer was working on a proposal for twin condo towers for the property on Main where an abandoned building sits one block directly north of I-84.

Any more info on this.

I own a piece of vacant land by the across the street on Ann Street from the future public safety complex at the old board of ed. building on high street and am looking to get rid of it. Development in this area would be great and maybe this will help me. :)

Not at all. This is an entirely different project with a different developer.

Ok So now it's 7 new towers with the 2 on Park and Main, 2 on the north side of Main, 2 at Front Street, and the 1 at the old YMCA site. Not to mention Hartford 21 and the Marriott which make 9. Oh my god!!!!! :yahoo: We could really be getting at least 9 new building before 2010. I really can't beleive it. Let's see those other Mid Sized New England Cities :P keep up with us if all of these projects come to fruition.

Ok So now it's 7 new towers with the 2 on Park and Main, 2 on the north side of Main, 2 at Front Street, and the 1 at the old YMCA site. Not to mention Hartford 21 and the Marriott which make 9. Oh my god!!!!! :yahoo: We could really be getting at least 9 new building before 2010. I really can't beleive it. Let's see those other Mid Sized New England Cities :P keep up with us if all of these projects come to fruition.

I don't think the 2 tower idea for Front Street is still active, is it?

There was an article in the Hartford Business Journal talking about how a luxury apartment tower that Stren designed in Stamford is under construction and many of the units have been sold ($800,000+, keep in mind though this is Fairfield County) before the building is done and the article relates this project to what Nitkin would like Stern to design for Hartford

We could really be getting at least 9 new building before 2010. I really can't beleive it. Let's see those other Mid Sized New England Cities keep up with us if all of these projects come to fruition.

You are quite the cheerleader!

We could really be getting at least 9 new building before 2010. I really can't beleive it. Let's see those other Mid Sized New England Cities keep up with us if all of these projects come to fruition.

You are quite the cheerleader!

why don't you go to a site where people from atlanta and charlotte argue about which city is this and which city is that? you know, before jobs were outsourced to india, they were outsourced to north carolina. one day, the corporations that moved to north carolina for cheap labor, cheap land, cheap taxes, and tax break incetives, will pick up and move to nebraska, iowa, and south dakota for the same reasons. stop thinking that there is something inately magnetic about the south. today, your just cheap and convenient and irrelevant to what is going on in the northeast.

why don't you go to a site where people from atlanta and charlotte argue about which city is this and which city is that? you know, before jobs were outsourced to india, they were outsourced to north carolina. one day, the corporations that moved to north carolina for cheap labor, cheap land, cheap taxes, and tax break incetives, will pick up and move to nebraska, iowa, and south dakota for the same reasons. stop thinking that there is something inately magnetic about the south. today, your just cheap and convenient and irrelevant to what is going on in the northeast.

You're about as bright as the other guy! beerbeer? I'm glad we have die hard people like you who are so in tune with the fabric of economic development in the entire U.S. from your living room in Enfield.

Archived