Beale Street

Bealestreet.jpg

Clark Tower

ClarkTower.jpg

Cordova High school(Class of 2004)

CHS.jpg

Drive in Movie theatre

drivinmovietheatre.jpg

Hospital Elvis Died in(soon to be destroyed)

Hospital.jpg

Germantown High school(where my brother graduated C/O 2000)

GHS.jpg

Downtown Nashville

downtownNashville.jpg

Vandy

Vandy.jpg

Images brought to you by, Google Earth

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Google earth isnt a site persay... its a program you download. THe US is pretty well documented along with western Europe.

only like 30 American Cities have those 3d buildings though.

I read somewhere that Nashville didn't have the 3D thing because some Nashville/Metro planning organization actually owned the pics.

I read somewhere that Nashville didn't have the 3D thing because some Nashville/Metro planning organization actually owned the pics.

I dont know about that. Because until recently they didnt even have High resolution images of Downtown Nashville.

Plus this program is a Beta. and they only have the 3d buildings on a handful of cities. Most of them suck because they dont truly represent the look of the structure. but rather its height. For example. the Pyramid is a giant cube. and the st louis arch is a huge rectangular structure.

I dont know about that. Because until recently they didnt even have High resolution images of Downtown Nashville.

Plus this program is a Beta. and they only have the 3d buildings on a handful of cities. Most of them suck because they dont truly represent the look of the structure. but rather its height. For example. the Pyramid is a giant cube. and the st louis arch is a huge rectangular structure.

The Federal government has LIDAR/LADAR 3D mockups of most of the major cities. The companies that are on this page are not the only ones that can do or do do this type of work. As the processing has improved and the programs have been changed to handle these types of structures they have improved radically. The Federal government also has three different agencies that are charged with handling imagery over the US. Just because you have not seen high res imagery over a particular city does not mean it doesn't exist.

Archived