Welcome!

monsoon

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Yes, seemingly this section has not been as popularly accepted as others. Is there noone here from Central America? Come On!!! There has to be at least one person from there to share their views, either abstract or visual, of this American region.

:ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Ok since no one has posted anything in here in a while. I'll throw something out and maybe it'll get things going.

Has any one heard about the huge construction boom in Panama City? I was taking a look at central american cities and eventually came to Panama City. I saw that there is currently over 150 skyscrapers under construction, including a 104 story one that will be one of the worldest tallest. Currently there is only 117 skyscrapers completed. In my opinion this puts the cities construction boom up there with Dubai. Obviously Dubai is way ahead, but still impressive.

Currently there is only 117 skyscrapers completed. In my opinion this puts the cities construction boom up there with Dubai. Obviously Dubai is way ahead, but still impressive.

No offense, but Dubai has almost 1,000 skyscrapers under construction or in the planning stages. No other city in the world is on the level of Dubai.

• 3 weeks later...

It's geographical location at the very hub of the western hemisphere, should elicit a higher profile for the Republic of Panama, but despite it's canal, the country thrives in virtual obscurity. That it's capital city is a dynamic center of world trade and commerce, remains one of the better kept secrets on the face of the earth. The following is a quote from one of the most prestigious travel guides in publication today:

"Few cities in Latin America can match the diversity, cosmopolitanism and sheer energy of PANAMA CITY: polyglot and post-modern before it's time, in many ways it is closer in atmosphere to the mighty trading cities of Asia - Hong Kong or Singapore - than to anywhere else in the region." THE ROUGH GUIDE, Central America

Panoramic view of Panama City from Ancon Hill

P1000123.jpg

www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29951

• 7 months later...

Archived