Columbus Projects & Developments

ATLman1

Billings is starting construction on another shopping center on Gateway Road next to Goo Goo 3 Minute Express Wash.

Dirt is moving on the Goo Goo 3 Minute Express Wash.

Family Dollar signs are up and they're starting the build out on Warm Springs Rd CVS building.

Circle K will be building a new gas station next to Blackmon Road Billing development.

Also, another BIG renovation going on across the street from Cross Country Plaza next to K Mart. See attached picture.

Sttz8.jpg

Yogli Mogli Self Serve Yogurt is planning a location in Columbus, open by August.

Costco is in town looking for a location.

Let me know if you hear anything...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to see more riverfront condos coming to the metro even if they are across the river. Maybe this will prove that you can build taller buildings and not have 300 apartments spread out over hundreds of acres. Cities build up, not always out. I'm curious as to why Columbus is not reaping as many benefits with new projects and plants as are Auburn / Opelika and now Phenix City. Is our government aggressively pursuing industries, hotels, etc. For years, I've tried to pull a major professional conference away from Augusta, but have been unsuccessful because we don't have a hotel large enough to accommodate it. We could use the Marriott, but then you have the extra cost of using the Convention Center. The conference did move out of Augusta a couple of years ago to the Cobb Galleria. That contract is now up and I'm doing what I can to encourage them to consider Columbus. We've got to do something to shed the "little" city attitude.

I'm glad to see more riverfront condos coming to the metro even if they are across the river. Maybe this will prove that you can build taller buildings and not have 300 apartments spread out over hundreds of acres. Cities build up, not always out. I'm curious as to why Columbus is not reaping as many benefits with new projects and plants as are Auburn / Opelika and now Phenix City. Is our government aggressively pursuing industries, hotels, etc. For years, I've tried to pull a major professional conference away from Augusta, but have been unsuccessful because we don't have a hotel large enough to accommodate it. We could use the Marriott, but then you have the extra cost of using the Convention Center. The conference did move out of Augusta a couple of years ago to the Cobb Galleria. That contract is now up and I'm doing what I can to encourage them to consider Columbus. We've got to do something to shed the "little" city attitude.

I totally agree. In order for Columbus to become more competitive for convention business, the city needs to push for a 300+ hotel downtown. Building up requires little land. There is no reason Columbus couldn't support a 300 room 20-story hotel along the riverfront. That would give us a huge competitive edge when it comes to 2nd tier city convention traffic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No updates on CPC, PeachMac backed out of their location in Columbus.

Update on "Riverchase Centre"... site plan is below. Please don't get too excited, I highly doubt any of this will be built as it appears anytime soon. Developed by a real estate firm out of Jacksonville, FL.

jswA5.jpg

No updates on CPC, PeachMac backed out of their location in Columbus.

Update on "Riverchase Centre"... site plan is below. Please don't get too excited, I highly doubt any of this will be built as it appears anytime soon. Developed by a real estate firm out of Jacksonville, FL.

jswA5.jpg

What happened with PeachMac? Last I saw the sign was up. Are they not looking at the market at all?

What is the chance that Riverchase gets off of the ground?

I would imagine that PeachMac is instead opting to open in the new Columbus Park Crossing opening next year. They would fit better their because from what I hear a lot more upscale and national brands are landing there. And yes I saw the sign up too.

Hope they come. It would be even better if we got an Apple store. Hopefully something will be announced soon on the CPC expansion.

CARMAX COMING TO COLUMBUS!!!!!!

Carmax will be opening up a new Columbus location by next spring along North Veterens Parkway across from Hughston hospital next to Advanced Auto parts. This will be the chains first Columbus location. The old lowes building will be torn down next to the property and hopefully other developments can go there no date for construction to begin yet, but should begin soon if opening date is in the spring.

I would imagine that PeachMac is instead opting to open in the new Columbus Park Crossing opening next year. They would fit better their because from what I hear a lot more upscale and national brands are landing there. And yes I saw the sign up too.

This is doubtful, simply because the people that own the Five Guys/Zoe's building also are developing the new CPC. We'll see though. They "may" look at the Columbus market in the future, according to their PR dept.

Also, TJ Maxx is opening in the old Publix on Macon Rd. Also, the empty space next to at&t on Macon Rd will be a Dunkin Donuts.

Forgot about these...

- Egg & I will be opening next to Country's North

- Wing Stop will be opening next to Egg & I. :)

- Jim Bob's Chicken Fingers (from Opelika) will be opening in front of Hobby Lobby

- Nail salon has signed a lease for one of the remaining spaces next to Zoes/Five Guys.

Also, looks like Fire House Subs and Five Guys may be looking for another location in the area.

Forgot about these...

- Jim Bob's Chicken Fingers (from Opelika) will be opening in front of Hobby Lobby

- Nail salon has signed a lease for one of the remaining spaces next to Zoes/Five Guys.

Also, looks like Fire House Subs and Five Guys may be looking for another location in the area.

Five Guys downtown would be nice. Wish we could get a Trader Joes and a P.F. Changs. What's the word on the CPC expansion by Kohl's?

Forgot about these...

Forgot about these...

where did you get your info about Five Guys? having meet and talked to the Franchise owner who own's the rights for Macon and Columbus he had no plans to open another Five Guys in Columbus or Macon/Warner Robins anytime soon.He has been Planning the Columbus store since 2008 and it just opened last year right?

where did you get your info about Five Guys? having meet and talked to the Franchise owner who own's the rights for Macon and Columbus he had no plans to open another Five Guys in Columbus or Macon/Warner Robins anytime soon.He has been Planning the Columbus store since 2008 and it just opened last year right?

I wonder if it's the same guy from Macon, because the 2008 Five Guys just opened this Monday... 4 years too late. I don't see how he could of held on to it for that long, I know some times when someone comes into an area, you don't "own" it but you have first right. Anyways, the Five Guys logo just showed up on a map of some new complexes on Gateway road being planned for late 2012 and early 2013. Nothing confirmed... they're all a little blurry anyways. ;)

Five Guys downtown would be nice. Wish we could get a Trader Joes and a P.F. Changs. What's the word on the CPC expansion by Kohl's?

CPC by Kohls will be a while, don't have any solid LOI or anything plus Adam's Brokerage is pretty slow to move on big projects, they've mostly done small stuff like Bonefish, VZW, etc. Something of CPC size is a bit much.