RSS

TheBostonian

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about adding RSS feeds for specific forums?  The single UP feed for ALL the forums can be overwhelming when you consider how many posts there are per day.  It seems to be hundreds.  Is this feasible?

This is coming I promise!

I was hoping that this was a thread that explained what exactly RSS was....

Can someone answer my dumb question?

"(Rich Site Summary or RDF [Resource Description Framework] Site Summary). An XML format for sharing content among different Web sites such as news items. How does it work? A Web site can allow other sites to publish some of its content by creating an RSS document and registers the document with an RSS publisher. A web publisher can post a link to the rss feed so users can read the distributed content on his/her site. Syndicated contentcan can include news feeds, listings of events, stories, headlines, etc."

• 3 weeks later...

I'm late, but I just thought I'd add that there also are programs (even the Firefox browser) that can aggregate RSS feeds and put them on your desktop and other places and notify you whenever updates have been made.

This will be built into the next version of Windows and you'll probably see a lot of it (RSS) once that's released.

Archived