Bloomsbury Estates

dwntwnraleigh

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have any updated pictures for this project? Thank you in advance! :thumbsup:

I'll see if I can get out there before sundown with the ol' camera phone. It is looking good I can tell you with 3 floors of concrete in place. My understanding is that they are building and selling one of the buildings first and teh second building will come after this one is sold out and built.

yeah its looking good. I've noticed that you can see it when you drive down hargett st (westbound) all the way from mcdowell (the street slopes upward). The first 3 floors seem to creep up over the trees, when its at a full 7 floors, it will be some very nice infill. :thumbsup: i also noticed that the wesbite says that it will be ready to move in in dec 2007, sooner then i expected which is great.

• 2 weeks later...

This is really starting to make an impact to the Hargett street view when looking from F-street. I think it's going to be an outstanding addition to the area.

Also, I noticed that when stopped at the light on Western at Central Prison, you can see it starting to loom over the prison. What would it be like to overlook that place from your condo? I dunno about that one.

Father and Son's had a sale to clear out their space in the Keystone building, next to the train tracks, site of BE phase 2.

The ad said the building will be demoed soon, so they wanted to sell what they could instead of moving it.

Phase II construction could start as soon as the land is cleared. By starting now, they could start there as phase 1's structure is being finished! They don't even have to move the crane, since it seems situated between the two buildings.

Residnets of Phase II will have the "prison/tracks view". With the popularity of the project, the less desirable units will still probably go for a pretty penny. Upper level units facing the south should have a decent view of the Dix Property.

Father and Son's had a sale to clear out their space in the Keystone building, next to the train tracks, site of BE phase 2.

The ad said the building will be demoed soon, so they wanted to sell what they could instead of moving it.

Phase II construction could start as soon as the land is cleared. By starting now, they could start there as phase 1's structure is being finished! They don't even have to move the crane, since it seems situated between the two buildings.

Residnets of Phase II will have the "prison/tracks view". With the popularity of the project, the less desirable units will still probably go for a pretty penny. Upper level units facing the south should have a decent view of the Dix Property.

Father and Sons had inventory there too? Same Father & Sons as on Hargett?

I think no unit will have to settle for their only view being of the prison if I recall...I think the corner orientation of the western most units gives everyone also a due south or due north view too.

As of today, it looks like they are putting the steel beams that seperate the 4th and 5th floors up. Construction of the first building is moving along very nicely IMHO. Does anyone know if they are just going to have a parking lot for residents or maybe a parking deck? Ya know, I never noticed them putting any underground parking for this project? :blink:

There is parking on the first level beneath each condo.

Do you think that the parking for each building has been partially submerged? I can't tell from the drawing but from looking at the actual building the first floor is very tall. Which makes me wonder if each floor is submerged into the ground and the first floor built above it? Surly the whole first floor is not the parking garage?

Do you think that the parking for each building has been partially submerged? I can't tell from the drawing but from looking at the actual building the first floor is very tall. Which makes me wonder if each floor is submerged into the ground and the first floor built above it? Surly the whole first floor is not the parking garage?

I drive by there everyday, and it appears to function something like an English or "Look-Out" basement where the top several feet of the basement structure are above the site grade. The contractor definitely excavated down a dozen or so feet.

• 1 month later...

Update on Bloomsbury from today:

2328809020098570895S600x600Q85.jpg

Only what's left of floor 6 and then finally, floor seven to complete the basic structure of building one, then on the building two. You can now see the building rising above the oaks in the surrounding area.

Interestingly, Glenwood Agency has apparently lost the sales contract on BE. York Simpson Underwood is now the agent for this project. I wonder what happened? With West at North going up now, maybe it was too much for them to handle at once, or maybe sales struggled.

Update on Bloomsbury from today:

2328809020098570895S600x600Q85.jpg

Only what's left of floor 6 and then finally, floor seven to complete the basic structure of building one, then on the building two. You can now see the building rising above the oaks in the surrounding area.

Interestingly, Glenwood Agency has apparently lost the sales contract on BE. York Simpson Underwood is now the agent for this project. I wonder what happened? With West at North going up now, maybe it was too much for them to handle at once, or maybe sales struggled.

I drive by every weekend and it almost looks like construction has stopped. I know they are probably in that wierd state of getting the concrete in and waiting for the plumbing and HVEC guys to lay their foundation but it does appear it is stuck which probably not the case.

• 3 weeks later...

I drive by every weekend and it almost looks like construction has stopped. I know they are probably in that wierd state of getting the concrete in and waiting for the plumbing and HVEC guys to lay their foundation but it does appear it is stuck which probably not the case.

I am now quoting my own quotes. Like talking to myself !!!

But anyway, Has this project stalled? I drive by this location every week and see no forward movement.

Does anyone on this site work near there or go by there when workers would be at this site? Should actually be workers during the week on site? They have the concrete up for one building but again, I see nothing more done almost like it has been standstilled for well over a month, maybe 2.

Just wondering.

Interestingly, Glenwood Agency has apparently lost the sales contract on BE. York Simpson Underwood is now the agent for this project. I wonder what happened?

Maybe ^ and construction has slowed b/c they're coming to their senses about how hideous the design is and there's still a chance to change it to less of a bat and halloween magnet.

:rofl:

Interestingly, Glenwood Agency has apparently lost the sales contract on BE. York Simpson Underwood is now the agent for this project. I wonder what happened?

Maybe ^ and construction has slowed b/c they're coming to their senses about how hideous the design is and there's still a chance to change it to less of a bat and halloween magnet.

:rofl:

I hope you are not even partly serious. New condos in Raleigh are generally lacking when it comes to changing up the designs. Based on how many have sold, and hence its ability to go to actual construction, I would say many others like the design just fine. FYI, this is called Second Empire architecture. In Raleigh, Second Empire Restaurant (obviously)(1879) the three Heck Houses at East and Jones(1875), The Heck Andrews House on Blount(1870), and Century Post Office(1878) all are Second Empire in style.

Archived