Happy Birthday Allan

WBG4

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That still doesnt make me feel any better lol. If its not for me than its not for me. My passion for architecture will always be there I just wont be designing it. Ive considered pursuing Urban Planning or Graphic Design if it doesnt work. I will be working my ass off though.

Glad I'm not the only one here where architecture school is taking over my life.

Forget meeting the woman of dreams at U of M, when I'll be engrosed in creating models, computer renderings, and floorplans in the studio. 2 years down, 4 to go.

The arch program at U of M does have hot girls though :thumbsup:

Sophomore year is much more demanding than freshman year.  They were just getting us warmed up for sophomore year, which I'm told is the most difficult year in the program.  Nitro can probably offer some more insight than I can. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, Sophopmore year is nothing, wait until you get to grad school! :P Just kidding, it's all tough.

You'll start your Integrated Design Studios in your sophomore year (I think they're still doing Integrated Design Studios, where you have one project that is common to several of your classes). The first year is a bunch of artsy fartsy stuff and the second year you start cutting your teeth on architecture.

You'll start to see a fair amount of your classmates fade into the wind. This will be a continuing thing until you graduate. They will either be able to hack it or not. A lot of people make it harder on themselves then it needs to be. Be prepaired for some long nights and some tough criticism from your profs.

For me it seems like it all happened last week. But it's been such a long time. It is worth it in the long run. I just recieved my license on Thursday.

It's a long tough road, but it is definately worth it.

Nitro

Congrats on getting your license.  Where do you plan to go from there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a good job here in GR working for a group that does development, construction and architecture. I will stay here and continue to grow with the company. If the economy ever tanks and I get laid off I'll head to Georgia where I did my master's.

Nitro

Archived