Should Memphis pursue NHL or MLB??

Memphisborn

1 hour ago, The Guardian of Memphis said:

The city should throw its name in the hat. Be proactive and aggressive. At least we'd know where we stand. Probably need more population here for added support. AZP doesn't look like it'll be able to expand from the looks of the Brewers stadium, but what do I know. I'd like to see what the new mayor, whoever that is, has planned for this type of stuff.

We don't have the market size to support an MLB club.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Guardian of Memphis said:

The city should throw its name in the hat. Be proactive and aggressive. At least we'd know where we stand. Probably need more population here for added support. AZP doesn't look like it'll be able to expand from the looks of the Brewers stadium, but what do I know. I'd like to see what the new mayor, whoever that is, has planned for this type of stuff.

We definitely should test the waters 

On 5/26/2023 at 3:33 PM, Memphisborn said:

Just FYI for the comments about FedEx Forum not being built for hockey.

1) It was initially built from day one with the ability to host ice hockey.

2) With 300-400 million dollar renovations on tap u can certainly address the sight line issues if there are prohibitive to hockey.

3) The arena has hosted NHL once and there are no reports I’ve seen that state the sight lines were horrible for hockey.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FedExForum

It was there is an ice rink under the floor, i was there for construction.

23 hours ago, Memphis4ever said:

It was there is an ice rink under the floor, i was there for construction.

I think the post is referring to the sight lines in parts of the upper deck.  The overhang obscures the view in some seats because the ice rink is larger than the basketball court.  

I wonder if this could be corrected with the renovation that is being planned.  

• Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 11:10 AM, MDC26 said:

I think the post is referring to the sight lines in parts of the upper deck.  The overhang obscures the view in some seats because the ice rink is larger than the basketball court.  

I wonder if this could be corrected with the renovation that is being planned.  

I will give my opinion 550 million dollar renovation can fix a lot of things. Including overhang in upper deck.

https://www.audacy.com/929espn/sports/memphis-grizzlies/how-does-a-usd550-million-dollar-fedexforum-renovation-sound

Edited by Memphisborn