West Tallahassee Undergoing Changes?

seminole

Is this a vacant parcel at the moment?

Capital Circle and Hartsfield Retail Center (TPA080022) (21-20-20-631-0000) located on 5.6 acres on the SE corner of Capital Circle and Hartsfield Road. The proposed project is for the construction of 14,000 sq. ft. of Retail & Office Space. The property is zoned CP.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that is currently vacant. This property has been on the market for years. I'm glad someone has finally taken notice. :)

Ya know, Poonther, I'm thinking perhaps the work recently completed along Capital Circle may bring some drastic changes in the next year or so. I've seen numerous new projects pop up that I once never imagined I'd see on this side of town.

^Thanks for the info! I too thought it was vacant but I'm not out that way enough to call it for sure. I could not agree w/you more about development out there since the road is finished. I think you'll also see it happen along Capital Circle SE from the Parkway to Woodville Road. Now if we could just get the rest of it finished in a timely manner.

It sure would be nice to have the rest completed in a timely manner, especially the portion between Tennessee Street and the Airport. From the talks I've heard, the project may suffer more delays.

Looks like the KFC is about to open soon... my co-workers are trying their best not to tempt me in these times of no restaurant food... I'm 30 days clean. I really "hope" we can get a Long John's Silver also somewhere in the general area, now THAT would be great! Chick-Fil-A wouldn't hurt either. I know they've got the Tennessee Street location coming soon, but I wish they would do this side of Capital Circle as well.

Apparently there are some new developments happening in Midway. I was just told today that trees are being removed on at least 3 parcels near the US 90/CR 159 and US 90/CR 268 intersections. It this is true, then it is certainly great news for the area and I hope that its just the beginning. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
New Tractor Supply Company Under Construction

tractorsupplycompanyed0.png

www.mytscstore.com

I was very interested in this store having seen the shell of the building nearly complete yesterday passing it on Hwy 90 W. I figured I'd look it up to see what it was all about. My first thought was that it was the type of place that would rent tractors and such as is commonly seen up and down the road, but not the case. This is very much a smaller Lowe's{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Home Depot-type store with a little something for the animals. I believe this will work well for this side of town.

UPdate {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} DEA Office Building

RENDERING NOW AVAILABLE & CONSTRUCTION UNDERWAY!

gallery_3748_8_47764.jpg

1. Dea Office Building (TSP070066) (21-20-31-000-0080, 0090 & 21-20-31-000-0100) located on 3.42 acres on the west side of Commonwealth Business Dr., approximately 300 feet from the NW corner of Commonwealth Business Dr. and Hartsfield Rd. The proposed project is the construction of a 19,270 square foot office building. The property is zoned PUD (Planned Unit Development).

This is the 6 o'clock correction I promised to Glenn! DEA does mean Drug Enforcement Agency. This will be their new Tallahassee Office.

gallery_3748_8_86282.jpg

gallery_3748_8_12290.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The Legacy Toyota Dealership, *the new one appears to be almost complete.... I wonder when they will move the cars across the street and begin business in the new digs.....

Also... I hope that we wont have a vacant lot left once they move (I hope the lexus store rumors were true.)

I would almost think the vacated Proctor Cadillac and Hummer dealerships would be a good place for the new Lexus dealership. It's a smaller lot, and the buildings are basically brand new.

I really dont understand why Proctor wanted to move all their GM brands under one dealership. Well, for financial reasons I do, but for marketing reasons, I really dont. People dont want to be shopping for a $50,000+ Hummer or Cadi parked right next to the $19,000 Pontiac Grand Prix (Not knocking them at all).

^I totally agree w/your reasoning GG. However I much prefer that all the car dealerships in town stay in one area such as the "car alley" area of West Tennessee. As a planner there is nothing more unsightly usually than a car dealership. Prestige does a good job in appearance in their "non-car alley" location but I'm not a big fan of those small independent dealerships popping up all over town. One I especially don't like the location of is the small dealership on the north side of Park Ave just west of Cap Circle. That one really seems outta place to me.

^I totally agree w/your reasoning GG. However I much prefer that all the car dealerships in town stay in one area such as the "car alley" area of West Tennessee. As a planner there is nothing more unsightly usually than a car dealership. Prestige does a good job in appearance in their "non-car alley" location but I'm not a big fan of those small independent dealerships popping up all over town. One I especially don't like the location of is the small dealership on the north side of Park Ave just west of Cap Circle. That one really seems outta place to me.

^Agreed! Michael's Imports at the corner of Monroe and Tharpe does a pretty job of making their place aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but still it seems out of place.

When I lived here the first time for college, there use to be a pretty big dealership at the corner of Monroe and John Knox where the Walgreens is now.

^Agreed! Michael's Imports at the corner of Monroe and Tharpe does a pretty job of making their place aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but still it seems out of place.

When I lived here the first time for college, there use to be a pretty big dealership at the corner of Monroe and John Knox where the Walgreens is now.

I think it was a Chevy dealership too Glenn. If I recall correctly, I believe it was under the Thomas name possibly connected to the dealership of the same name over in Quincy? Or maybe a branch of the Tommy Thomas in PC? BTW: Is the Thomas guy over in Quincy related to Tommy Thomas...RIP. I use to love his commercials w/his poodle Tiger in them on WJHG.

And yes I'm old, so old all my teeth and hair have fallen out. I'm not sure how I even get of bed in the morning. :P

I think it was a Chevy dealership too Glenn. If I recall correctly, I believe it was under the Thomas name possibly connected to the dealership of the same name over in Quincy? Or maybe a branch of the Tommy Thomas in PC? BTW: Is the Thomas guy over in Quincy related to Tommy Thomas...RIP. I use to love his commercials w/his poodle Tiger in them on WJHG.

And yes I'm old, so old all my teeth and hair have fallen out. I'm not sure how I even get of bed in the morning. :P

Archived