FAMU

Florida

Jeopardy! plans visit to FAMU

Democrat Staff Report

Jeopardy! will visit Florida A&M University Jan. 29 and Jan. 30 to find administrators, faculty, staff, students and alumni to be contestants for both the College Championship and regular shows.

FAMU is one of six colleges or universities in the U.S. and the only historically black college or university that Jeopardy! will visit.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read that today and I'd have fun trying out for it, however the last line disqualifies me for sure. However I am confused b/c the first line of the article states they are looking for contestants from staff, alumni etc (not that I'm either one of those) for the regular shows, not just the college week ones.

So are they really only looking for those in undergraduate college now????

I read that today and I'd have fun trying out for it, however the last line disqualifies me for sure. However I am confused b/c the first line of the article states they are looking for contestants from staff, alumni etc (not that I'm either one of those) for the regular shows, not just the college week ones.

So are they really only looking for those in undergraduate college now????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My apologies to you spc, for not acknowledging the image you posted above. I have absolutely no idea how I missed this fine picture of yours!

UPdate{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} February 24, 2008

Work has really come a long way on this facility. I was in my barbershop this weekend, which sits almost on FAMU's campus and I saw a poster with the new facility on it advertising an opening date sometime in 2009. I'm glad to see this thing topped off, progress on it was much quicker than I expected. I look forward to seeing a great deal of glass used on this facility. I think that would really bring out the architecture of the facility.

february24075ey0.jpg

february24074ln2.jpg

february24073rf4.jpg

february24072mf1.jpg

Perhaps the University would be able to attract some HipHop, R&B, NeoSoul, Blues & Jazz Headliners to the City as well as numerous traveling Stage Plays such as those produced by Tyler Perry. These things are very popular in the African American community, and could turn FAMU into a major destination, which may ultimately help to attract more students to the school and boost enhancements to the surrounding neighborhoods.

I know this will happen, and will be a cultural entertainment facility.

The problems with low enrollment I don't believe are for lack of entertainment though. Sadly, the faculty and mismanagement that has gone on for years is the biggest contributor to Famu's decline.

Who wants to go somewhere that is always in a constant flux of losing and gaining accreditation?

Also, where the people that work there often don't get payed.

Its a Top Down operation, and with proper management, excellent leadership and people who want to see Famu become Reinvigorated, we Will see the Number 1 historically black University soaring within a few years!

I hope they dont get it. And I hope that no other pork projects from any entity receive any other state funding. It is irresponsible to ask for anything but necessities this year. The state needs to only fund what is absolutely necessary, and stash away the rest of it for next years budget crunch, which will be worse than this years.

I hope they dont get it. And I hope that no other pork projects from any entity receive any other state funding. It is irresponsible to ask for anything but necessities this year. The state needs to only fund what is absolutely necessary, and stash away the rest of it for next years budget crunch, which will be worse than this years.

My apologies to you spc, for not acknowledging the image you posted above. I have absolutely no idea how I missed this fine picture of yours!

UPdate{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} February 24, 2008

Work has really come a long way on this facility. I was in my barbershop this weekend, which sits almost on FAMU's campus and I saw a poster with the new facility on it advertising an opening date sometime in 2009. I'm glad to see this thing topped off, progress on it was much quicker than I expected. I look forward to seeing a great deal of glass used on this facility. I think that would really bring out the architecture of the facility.

february24075ey0.jpg

february24074ln2.jpg

february24073rf4.jpg

february24072mf1.jpg

Maybe your frustrations should be directed more towards the State and how we generate revenues? How we do it now, may have worked during the super high growth years, but that party is slowly coming to an end and w/the way the State allocates money to the rural counties (Gadsden/Jefferson) asking the state to help them fund these types of big projects is about the only way they can do it. I do understand what you are saying and I agree, but the system is about broken and needs an overhaul. That said, I bet Rubio's district in Dade will get some turkeys.

Hopefully the economy will get better once we have our Democratic Prez next year. :)

Archived