Do you read Arkansas Business?

johnnydr87

Do you read Arkansas Business?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you read Arkansas Business?

• Regularly
    • Occasionally
    • Never

If you haven't checked out http://arkansasbusiness.com, you really need to. Great publication about developments around the state.

What publications do you guys read for development news? Or political news, even? There are the conventional sources like the Democrat Gazette and other local newspapers, but what about online sources or limited-print sources.

The Arkansas Times is by far my favorite publication in the state. They have great news about developments in business, educations, environment, concerts, festivals, and more.

AR Times has a great website from a publication they had a few years back about all the developments in Little Rock: http://downtownlittlerock.com. I will probably post more topics addressed in that issue later on. The Arkansas Times Blog is also great for updates around the state on almost an hourly basis (http://arkansasblog.com).

Every now and then, I'll check out katv.com for local news about events since I hardly watch TV nowadays...

The Arkansas News Bureau () occasionally has information that interests me.

Are there any other Arkansan publications or sites you guys visit?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I read Arkansas Business every day. I haven't seen the Arkansas blog though. I also get the northwest edition of The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. I also get a lot of my news from KNWA the NBC affiliate here in Fayetteville. Despite all the growth in northwest Arkansas almost all the tv stations are still based out of Ft Smith. Of course they do cover a lot of northwest Arkansas knowing this is where the population is going. But KNWA so far has been the only station to move away from Ft Smith. If I want to see some Little Rock news I occasionally go to KATV's website. Here are two websites to the two biggest news stations in this area.

http://www.knwa.com/

http://www.thehometownchannel.com/index.html

I read the Arkansas Business website regularly, almost daily. I read the print edition whenever I get my hands on one. The thing that really impresses me is how on top of things AB is. Their website posts breaking news across the state almost instantly. It's faster than the television networks. It's good to see that its recently won some national awards. Link.

I also read most editions of the Arkansas Times, and occasionally check the blog. However, I certainly don't do it for their views--the publication doesn't even pretend to be balanced. Everything about the Times has a heavily liberal slant, which is a turnoff to me. Despite that, they really do a nice job of going in depth to report on developments around the state, which might only receive a skimming report from the Gazette, as would be expected with a daily paper. I really enjoyed the article in last week's Times on the Ivory-Billed Woodpecker for example.

That's true. Very liberal. I was thinking about reposting the Ivory Billed WP article here. It really is interesting to learn about the historical importance of this bird, and how fortunate we are to have protected those wetlands (amazing foresight by that Senator, Bumpers I believe).

Speaking of the ADG (the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, for those of you outside of Arkansas), I think our state is very fortunate to have such a fine paper. It has won several regional awards, beating out the papers, such as those from the big Texas cities. I recently heard a man from Louisville, formerly of Texas, say how impressed he was with it on a visit. An interesting tidbit about the paper is that it is the oldest publication west of the Mississippi River. The old Arkansas Gazette and the Arkansas Democrat merged in the early 1990s to form the paper today. The Arkansas Gazette is the publication for which the current ADG gets its distinction.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The forum keeps claiming that this topic and another have recent responses but don't. Oddly enough this has happened to this topic twice now. So I finally started to respond to it and see if it will stop doing it now. I forgot there was a poll here, obviously people are voting but not posting. Duh, don't I feel smart now. :lol:

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I read Arkansas Business and the business section of the DemGaz each day. Another interesting source of business information is Governor Huckabee's e-newsletter. It's a periodical e-mail, but contains a great amount of information. His recent articles concern his on-going trip to Southeast Asia and the trade discussions and agreements he's been involved in. I found it interesting he will be meeting with Toyota and Hino Corps in Japan and will try to ressurect their interest in developing in East Arkansas. In addition to suscribing to Arkansas Business' hard copy edition, I also recieve a free e-mail edition that highlights the headline topics as well as breaking business news. On a national level I subscribe to CNN and Fox News e-mail for news alerts, The Wall Street Journal and Forbes.

Archived