Suntrust under way

doormanpoet

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they take good care with the blasting ... I bet the Ryman can be pretty delicate. That's good news, it'll be fun watching it go up.

The Viridian looks like it's hit 6 floors of the 10-story parking structure. After that, watch out, up it goes! And I've never seen SO MANY planters on one street with what they're doing with Church Street. What a difference this turning out to be.

John, did you see where Stoney River Steakhouse has bought a Mapco property on West End? My guess is that they've bought the old Rio Bravo location and the Mapco and will build there. The one in Cool Springs is great. This will be a good addition to West End. Also, the new condo tower (old West End Apts location) should start soon, and the Bristol Marquis (behind Zola) has broken ground. All the people have been moved out of the apartment building and the two houses below the American Center for the Midtown Lofts. Margianno's (I think that's what it's called) is all framed up below American Center. That's the biggest restaurant I've seen in a while. In a year, the two blocks around 31st and West End are going to be totally different. I hope Stoney River builds according to location and doesn't go too suburban looking. Oh yeah, construction is well underway on the new J. Alexander's in the old Cooker location. I understand it will have a very striking design.

It's nice to see a lot of things we've heard about actually taking off.

I have not heard about the Stoney River Steakhouse, but anything is better than a tin can gas station. I remember when gas stations were made of brick and they blended in with the area architecture. They had a sitting room where you could watch tv while your car was worked on and the building actually looked like a house. Sometimes they had a meat and three attached. I miss those days before pre fab buildings. There is a lot to be excited about on West End. I also hear we will know the final answer on the ballpark this week.

Hey Ron! Glad to have you on the board! 70 feet is gonna take awhile! I bet it takes a year for a hole that size. I saw in various sources that the building was 13. At one time they said 16, who knows. They also said 200 feet. We will wait and see, at any rate it will be a nice structure.

I spoke with William today and he is checking with Hastings on the fact the foreman told me the building was going to be 15 stories now, which would make it 250 feet. The problem I forsee is the fact that they are not going to have enough stories anyway. Like with 211 Commerce, the 11 stories filled up quickly. In my humble opinion, The Suntrust Plaza could fill 19 stories and 300 feet. That is tall enough without drowning out the Ryman. To make it taller than the Sheraton to knock it out of the top ten, I would love to see Suntrust Plaza go 325 feet. The Viridian will knock the Sheraton out of tenth place anyway, but we need to go higher in the future. The Bank of America, The Suntrust Bank Building, The Sheraton, Parkway Towers, The Andrew Jackson Building, and Citzens Plaza as grand as they once were are the OLD Nashville. The Bellsouth and the Viridian are going to take Nashville into the future.

Lets hope the people at Suntrust make Suntrust Plaza a 300+ footer.

Archived