Concord/Harrisburg Area Development

J-Rob

In case anyone else is wondering. Heard  of Allburn ,the new Taylor-Morrison development of 60 homes that hasn't been able to decide if it's in Harrisburg or Concord? Homes will reach into the 800k's. 

For Harrisburg that's more and more common. For Concord not as much. And for SW Concord it's unheard of.

But my friend at Keller-Williams SouthPark says the community is indeed in Concord.. however taxes will be paid to Harrisburg? 

Huh? 

So when the homes sell which city gets the boost in their cities avg home sale price?

Is this common?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Take2 said:

In case anyone else is wondering. Heard  of Allburn ,the new Taylor-Morrison development of 60 homes that hasn't been able to decide if it's in Harrisburg or Concord? Homes will reach into the 800k's. 

For Harrisburg that's more and more common. For Concord not as much. And for SW Concord it's unheard of.

But my friend at Keller-Williams SouthPark says the community is indeed in Concord.. however taxes will be paid to Harrisburg? 

Huh? 

So when the homes sell which city gets the boost in their cities avg home sale price?

Is this common?

Mailing address may be Concord but that is in Harrisburg ETJ zoning area and probably will be annexed into Harrisburg.  that area is served by Harrisburg water and sewer.  

• Like 3

another hotel coming to Speedway Blvd Concord Mills area  Looks like a Dual brand or maybe 2 separate hotels.   The 15th hotel at Exit 49 the largest collection of hotel rooms outside uptown Charlotte.  

Project Description:
Home2 Suites/TRU by Hilton
Please prepare a Zoning Verification & Utility Availability Letter
Please include the zoning district, hotel as a permitted use along with confirmation of electricity and water utility availability.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rancenc said:

that hotel he speaks of is a dual brand Home 2 Suites by Hilton and Tru by Hilton.  He had combined the name in this article but they are 2 brands.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 8:06 AM, KJHburg said:

Mailing address may be Concord but that is in Harrisburg ETJ zoning area and probably will be annexed into Harrisburg.  that area is served by Harrisburg water and sewer.  

Looks like it is already in Harrisburg municipal limit. Assigned schools are all nearby Concord schools. Such beautiful homes and not a single tree to be found until the owners plant them. I could never live in a field of homes. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2022/09/08/atrium-health-harrisburg-application.html

Does anyone know how to check the status of this Atrium Harrisburg hospital? I haven't heard anything about it. I am guessing a 2025 opening is off the table at this point. 

I think it will happen only after Atrium Lake Norman in Cornelius opens.  But it will happen just further down the road.  They need to get that Cornelius up and running.  

• Like 3

On 12/7/2023 at 12:18 PM, KJHburg said:

Downtown Concord with its 2 under construction apartment buildings, under construction streetscape improvements and recent new apartment building that has opened.  I like how these apartments have balconies.  

Oh my Benny's slice of pizza while on business downtown.  

20231207_092930 - Copy.jpg

20231207_093000 - Copy.jpg

20231207_093053 - Copy.jpg

20231207_093110 - Copy.jpg

20231207_093134 - Copy.jpg

20231207_093149 - Copy.jpg

20231207_093216 - Copy.jpg

20231207_093244 - Copy.jpg

20231207_093355 - Copy.jpg

20231207_093437.jpg

20231207_111928.jpg

Yes I also LOVE the balconies on the one fronting Union St S. Its very neat seeing downtown Concord grow up a little!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Aerial view of the three newest residential projects in downtown Concord.  NOVI Flats which is on the right adjacent to the county owned parking deck is open.  NOVI Lofts is the blue trimmed building, is currently under construction and faces out on Union Street.  The larger of three which is toward the left of the picture is wrapping up construction soon.

image.thumb.png.deeeb4dc064e558b40c9c618bc361836.png

• Like 4