Ice on Main 2019-2020

distortedlogic

Didn't know where else to put this so I thought I'd make a thread in case anyone wants to share information, stories, or pictures.  The ice rink is being set up now and is due to open on Nov 15th. I think this has been a great attraction for downtown since it started and  am glad to see it return. 

Here are a couple of links:

https://greenvillesc.gov/1654/UCB-Ice-on-Main

https://www.facebook.com/IceOnMain

Obviously some years have been better weatherwise than others for the rink.  I always thought a different timetable might be better; the day before Thanksgiving until Groundhog day or something like that, but it may not matter much. Hopefully we'll have some colder weather than last year! I just read where Columbia will not be having theirs this year as the normal location is no longer available and last year's location was not as successful. Charleston had one in 2004 but it was not as successful as hoped and the weather prevented opportunities, as one might expect. However, I saw that Summerville is opening one in their downtown this year. 

Anyway, this is a wonderful attraction for Greenville and I always love the rink, lights, and Festival of Trees in December. Hope everyone has a chance to enjoy the rink and our fair city during Christmas Time (yes, I used the "C" word)!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...